Third annual two day leadership conference for individuals of all ages who work in youth ministry settings whether in the Church or the marketplace from November 15 to 16 this year. The conference will include a mixture of main and breakout sessions on topics of relevance both to youth workers and their students.
Counsellor II (Overnight Program)
Counsellor II (Overnight Program)
Toronto, Ontario , M5S 2H1
Established in 1941, The Scott Mission is a Christian ministry serving the poor of our community. Currently we are looking to fill the position of Counsellor II (Overnight) in Men's Ministry department. The successful candidate will be part of a committed and dynamic staff community living out Christian faith through our ministry of compassion and love. Inspired by the Biblical story of the Good Samaritan, we serve the urban poor, motivated by our calling to show God’s love to all.
- Department: Men’s Ministry
- Location: 502 Spadina Ave
- Start Date: ASAP
- Status: Permanent Full Time
- Hours: Approximately 44 hours per week (11 hour shifts; weekends and Holidays are regular working days)
- Hold a solid and vibrant Christian faith. Regular attendance at a recognized church or worshipping community
- Agree with and support The Scott Mission’s Statement of Faith, Goal and Objectives and Philosophy of Ministry
- Hold a mature, Christian commitment with proven ability and a strong desire to communicate the gospel (based on sound biblical teaching) and able to pray with clients
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in Christian Ministry or Social Services.
- Excellent conflict management skills (Crisis Intervention training is an asset)
- Comfortable and able to work well with Men’s Ministry population, including issues to do with: homelessness, addictions, mental health and immigration problems
- Experience in service and / or hospitality fields; demonstrates a heart for service, maintaining in good boundaries, remaining calm, courteous and hospitable at all times
- Comfortable and proven experience working at night in a quiet environment
- Team experience, demonstrating a positive environment with fellow colleagues
- Comfortable with flexibility in daily routine (i.e. able to change priorities in day as needs demand)
- Complete fluency in both written and spoken English
- Case Management an asset
- Computer skills an asset
- Second Language and Driver’s License is an asset
- To work within and support The Scott Mission’s Christian Statement of Faith, Goal and Objective
- Serve clients graciously, respectfully, pleasantly and in a dignified manner
- To facilitate and host, with other team members, a safe, quiet and hospitable environment for persons sleeping at our Overnight Program
- To follow intake procedures; occasionally writing incidents reports, being prepared to use emergency procedures
- To be available to engage in conversation if so desired by clients
- Prepare and serve a light breakfast for clients
- Participate routinely in cleaning up responsibilities; mopping, washing and laundry
- Travel requirements for some programs
- Involved in case management
- Willing to receive training on an ongoing basis-
- Be health & safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
Interested Applicants are invited to send a resume with cover letter to:
Interviews & selection may commence prior to application deadline. Only selected applicants for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.
The Scott Mission welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Employment is conditional to results of Police Reference Check.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 7127 ]