Pastor of English Speaking Ministry
Pastor of English Speaking Ministry
North York, Ontario , M3J 2B9
Employment type: Full time ($40,000)
Downsview Presbyterian church (DPC) is an evangelical church with two congregations: English and Korean. DPC is seeking a full-time pastor for our English-speaking congregation who is passionate about intercultural ministry to lead and shepherd the members. The English Ministry Lead Pastor will work in collaboration with the English lay leaders, deacons and the Korean Senior Pastor and Elders to minister and support the discipleship of the congregation.
The English Ministry - Who we are:
The current English Ministry is comprised of 15 members with the urgent mentality of a church plant. The core group believes in the emphasis on a strong knowledge-base in scripture, and outreaching to people locally in the area. We are a group that genuinely desires a christ-centered community and is willing to invest into a new vision. We want to be adaptable in our structure and ministry, take risks, and be creative.
The demographic of the congregation consists of majority second or third generation Korean young professionals and students. That being said, we desire in the future a multi-generational, multi-ethnic group that is centered on local evangelism with a strong understanding of theology and scripture.
“To challenge comfortable Christians* to live missionally by engaging in outreach to the local Downsview community.”
* Currently, the Christians we seek to invite into radical faith are those that are second or third generation Koreans who are recent graduates or early professionals. However, we hope this demographic changes along side the expanse in diversity of our own congregation.
(This vision statement is tentative and is adaptable over time)
- To lead and shepherd an English-speaking congregation of 15+ worshippers.
- To lead and work with current lay leaders in building up disciples in a Christ-centered Scripture-based community of vibrant faith, love and hope.
- Responsibilities involve regular preaching at the English worship services, teaching, providing pastoral care, conduction of ordinances, exercising leadership in the planning, coordination and direction of various ministries.
- Oversee the preparation of baptism and baptism candidates
- has evidenced a deep devotion and commitment to Christ
- is called and committed to the ministry of the local church
- an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- exercises strong leadership and visionary qualities
- Has experience evangelizing and outreaching locally to people of marginalized communities
- Is experienced in navigating cross-cultural (East-Asian) communication
- demonstrates organizational skills and team work abilities
- minimum 5 years of church pastoral experience
- preferably 3 years of lead pastor experience
- has a Master Degree of Divinity (M Div.) or equivalent level of theological education at an Association of Theological Schools (ATS) accredited institution
Upon request, accommodation will be provided for persons with disabilities through all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Additionally, accommodation will be provided if the candidate resides outside of the Greater Toronto Area.
When applying, we ask that you submit:
- Short confession of faith or personal statement regarding his/her faith journey
- a link to a video/audio (within 6 month) of your preaching
Please send your application to email@example.com. Thank you.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 7147 ]