Community Engagement Manager
Community Engagement Manager
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and British Columbia and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services— food, clothing and housing, and support services—education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta and British Columbia.
Reporting to the Director of Essential Services and Spiritual Care, the Community Engagement Manager provides leadership to the Community Engagement team. The Manager is committed to seeing that the mission and vision of The Mustard Seed are actively pursued within the Community Engagement Team as it facilitates a variety of opportunities for social justice discussions among a diverse range of groups, including church, educational venues and community. The Community Engagement Manager is vital in the development and execution of the Community Engagement program.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee Democrew and Seed School Program
- Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring, and direction and support to the Community Engagement Team
- Develop relationship with schools, churches and other organizations
- Develop and execute a Community Engagement program aligned with and supportive of The Mustard Seed’s Strategic Plan
- Support existing programs that increase awareness of the work of The Mustard Seed with regard to the issues of poverty and homelessness and develop new programs as appropriate
- Creatively and analytically identify strategic opportunities to cultivate and engage key supporters, providing opportunities to match supporters’ interests with organizational priorities
- Prepare budgets and both monthly and annual reports
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- University degree or equivalent would be a significant asset
- 5 plus years of progressive experience in community engagement, public education and leading teams, including planning, executing and evaluating a community engagement program
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing staff and volunteers
- Excellent interpersonal skills and public speaking skills
- Excellent administrative, time management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Fulltime, salaried position
- Time in excess of regular working hours will be required to meet deadlines or emergency situations that arise from time to time
- This will be an office based position which also requires frequent external meetings and presentations
- Local travel expected with some travel outside Calgary
- No vacation during Democrew month (July) and early December (schools, church engagements)
- Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page.
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and wellness days. We embrace the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 7150 ]