Street Level Relief Staff
Street Level Relief Staff
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services - food, clothing and housing, and support services – education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta and British Columbia.
The Mustard Seed helps improve the lives of adult Albertans experiencing poverty by building community, growing hope and supporting change. Through enhanced visibility, relationship building, and community engagement, Street Level Services strives to make the Centre Street Campus a safe and welcoming environment for guests, donors and volunteers. The Street Level Worker will provide an identifiable and visible presence within the Campus, that optimizes safety, builds relationships, and values people.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise 102 Building access, the receipt of donations, and the coordinating and loading of the afternoon shuttle bus service to the Foothills Campus;
- Train, supervise, schedule, and evaluate Street Level and 1010 Front Desk Workers, promoting professional development through effective praise and purposeful feedback;
- Monitor guest activities within the 102 Support Centre and around the Campus buildings, providing crisis intervention as required;
- Providing an enhanced visible presence throughout the Campus, perceiving and responding to opportunities that will optimize safety, and build community;
- Greet and ensure donors are treated with excellence and appreciation;
- Attend meetings and training as assigned;
- Keep all client information confidential;
- Other duties as assigned;
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma preferred;
- Front line experience in Security or Social Services considered an asset;
- Customer service experience;
- Strong desire to work with a marginalized population;
- Good relationship building and communication skills,
- Some knowledge of mental illness and addictions;
- Working knowledge of MS Office computer applications;
- Experience working with volunteers;
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a cross-functional team;
- Desire to serve in a Christian ministry;
- This is a casual position and work hours cannot be guaranteed
- We are looking to fill 2 relief positions
- This position requires the worker to be available to work/take shift during these hours, 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM, 7 days a week
- This position will require working inside and outside in various climates, and will involve moderate levels of physical effort, including but not limited to, standing for long periods, walking, climbing stairs, bending, lifting, and pushing donation carts.
- This position requires focused mental effort, including but not limited to, adapting to an often fast-paced environment, operating a computer, using two-way radio communications, perceiving and quickly responding to crises within and around the Centre Street Campus.
- Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
The Mustard Seed offers a good EFAP and Health Spending Account benefit for staff. We embrace the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 7164 ]