Third annual two day leadership conference for individuals of all ages who work in youth ministry settings whether in the Church or the marketplace from November 15 to 16 this year. The conference will include a mixture of main and breakout sessions on topics of relevance both to youth workers and their students.
Children's Ministry Associate (Part-Time)
Children's Ministry Associate (Part-Time)
MARKHAM, Ontario , L3P 3J3
the bridge is a multi-ethnic and multi-generational church located in Markham. the bridge exists to create transformational connections with God, Self, the Church, and World. We do this together through our Gatherings, our Groups, our Giving and our Going. We gather for a renewed and inspired perspective, we group to put this inspired life into practice, we give to produce growth, and we go to perpetuate the goodness of God.
We are looking for a high capacity part-time Children’s Ministry Associate who is passionate about kids. This role will partner with the Children’s Ministry Pastor to provide ministry for children where they are loved, accepted and valued in Christ -- ministry that connects kids to God, to each other, to the world – so that they will be transformed people impacting their world in Christ.
- Help cultivate a culture that values children and inspires them towards spiritual growth.
- Work collaboratively with the Children’s Pastor to provide pastoral care to children and families.
- Sundays include checking on volunteer teams, praying with teams, teaching as required and filling other potential gaps.
- Assist with weekly classroom set-up, preparing and organizing teaching materials for Sundays.
- Responsible for maintenance and organization of supplies (e.g. resource room, prop room, checking feedback forms for classroom needs, etc.).
- Responsible for organizing child care for Discover the bridge, Discover Your Purpose and other church events / programs as requested.
- Help coordinate special projects / events throughout the year (e.g. Christmas, Family Luau, Summer Camps, etc.).
- Assist with enforcement of safety and Plan-to-Protect guidelines, volunteer background check organization and administration.
- Assist with planning, transition and set-up of Kidzone spaces during the bridge construction project. Help set up new space once each phase of the building project is complete.
- Participate on the Kidzone KEY Leadership Team, which will include:
- Building and sharing the vision for Kidzone with potential volunteers
- Gathering feedback and evaluating program effectiveness
- Planning special events & assisting with volunteer appreciation
- Partner with staff on family-oriented services and events.
- Attend and assist with staff meetings, retreats, church events, etc. as required.
- Other related duties as required.
- Support and promote the bridge’s beliefs, mission, vision and values.
- Have an undergraduate degree or diploma.
- Postsecondary training in Christian Education or experience working with children in a ministry and leadership capacity is an asset.
- Be enthusiastic and energetic, with a heart to reach children and families.
- Strong administrative, organizational and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively in multi-faceted teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively with children and families, both verbal and written.
- Ability to be a team player but also able to work independently.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural, multi-generational context.
- High capacity with the ability to think strategically, adapt and problem-solve.
- Very good computer skills and be proficient in MS Office, internet, social media, and database.
This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week, and must be able to work on Sundays and for all services.
For more information on the bridge, go to http://www.thebridgemarkham.com. If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. the bridge invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position(s), however Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. All applications will be reviewed but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 7172 ]