Third annual two day leadership conference for individuals of all ages who work in youth ministry settings whether in the Church or the marketplace from November 15 to 16 this year. The conference will include a mixture of main and breakout sessions on topics of relevance both to youth workers and their students.
Ministry Advancement Coordinator
Ministry Advancement Coordinator
Grimsby, Ontario , L3M 4H8
Overview of the Organization
For over 50 years, Bible League Canada has been committed to doing missions differently. How? By strategically building extraordinary international partnerships with national ministries in over 40 countries; equipping local believers through Bible-centric discipleship programs to become champions for the Gospel, each one committed to reaching their own community with the Living Word of God.
Bible League Canada diligently tracks each copy of God's Word placed, connecting Canadian donor champions with global champions to see maximum impact and multiplying transformation.
Role & Responsibilities
The Ministry Advancement Coordinator will be an individual who recognizes, and has faithfully responded to, God’s call to utilize God-given technical and interpersonal skills and personal attributes for God’s glory in the service of BLC’s Christian mission.
Reporting to the Vice President of Ministry Advancement, the successful candidate will:
- Administrative Assistance
- Provide administrative support to the VP and team of Ministry Advancement, including calendar management, preparing and managing correspondence, budget-tracking, collecting reports from various staff members, conducting research, arranging travel, and maintaining file organization. The emotionally intelligent and socially adept candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, and effectively create rapport with staff, ministry partners, suppliers and donors.
- Project and Event Management
- Facilitate the planning and implementation of biannual staff retreats.
- Coordinate, in partnership with the VP Ministry Advancement and the CFO, the annual strategic planning and budgeting process.
- 3. Relationship Management
- Serving as a contact person for staff, consultants, donors and ministry partners (current and prospective).
- Supporting all partner, donor and prospect care activity with ongoing research into the interests, capacity, partnership and donation history with Bible League Canada and/or other charitable institutions through our donor database and other research tools and methods.
- Consistently promoting and reinforcing Bible League Canada’s brand.
- Faithfully and consistently enter and maintain donor contact and activity records on the donor data base system.
- Coordination of Meetings
- Scheduling meetings (both internal and external) by determining and communicating effectively the timing, locations, agendas and pre-reads.
- Recording and distributing minutes.
- Setting up rooms, as needed. d. Preparing and circulating status reports, presentation materials, hand-outs, and any other pre-reads, as needed.
Minimum college diploma with a University degree preferred, appropriate to the position.
- Minimum 3 years experience in related work.
- Experience coordinating senior management level meetings.
- Experience in event and/or project management.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office, (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet research. Advanced organizational and time management skills.
- Comfortable with donor database systems.
- Excellent verbal, telephone and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to see the “big picture”.
- Excellent event planning skills.
Interpersonal Skills and Personal Attributes
- Knowledge of and a passion for BLC and its work.
- Very reliable, with the ability to take initiative, define problems and recommend/implement solutions.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines in a timely and efficient manner and work well in a busy environment.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of management and staff.
- An active listener, able to absorb and organize large volumes of information quickly and accurately.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Strongly committed to confidentiality.
- Excellent donor service and interpersonal skills: experience interacting with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to Bible League Canada’s faith and lifestyle policy documents.
- In fulfilling your responsibilities, you will be required to pray for and minister to people who contact BLC either in person, or by phone or other electronic communication. These ministry and prayer opportunities include, but are not limited, to reception/phone communication duties, order fulfillment, general inquiries, conferences and events and all fundraising activities.
- A love for Bible-based ministry in Canada and around the world.
- Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity.
Please submit your cover letter and resume or inquiries to Lori-Anne Cunningham at firstname.lastname@example.org. Bible League Canada would like to thank those who have applied, however, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 7180 ]