Outreach Worker - Teacher
Outreach Worker - Teacher
Scarborough, Ontario , M1W 2P5
Toronto City Mission is a charitable organization that focuses on building loving relationships to bring hope to children and families impacted by poverty. We help children, youth, and adults rise above poverty by providing preventative programs, building relationships, and raising leaders. Our programs are designed to equip them to make wise choices about school, friends, relationships, work, and the future.
To minister to the families in the Victoria Village or Jane Finch Communities, by facilitating, overseeing and implementing the Role Model Moms (GED prep) Program which responds to felt needs and share the hope of the Gospel.
Spiritual Growth and Development
Commit to personal spiritual growth and the development of an accountability or prayer group. Be an active member of a local church.
Programming and Building Relationships:
- Cultivating Leaders: Responsible to recruit, train and meet regularly with interns, placement students and volunteers to provide feedback and encourage spiritual growth. Build community leaders through our programs. Lead and/or oversee the activities, teaching and interaction of all staff and volunteers in the community programs.
- Building Relationships & Spiritual Mentoring: Provide personal and evangelistic mentoring to the families, children and youth involved in the programs. Refer to other expert agencies as appropriate.
- Course Planning and Implementation: Overall program plan with explicit results and activities. Intended results will be listed for spiritual, educational, and social development. Tasks include but not limited to, course prep, student recruitment, volunteer recruitment, classroom teaching, schedule equivalency exams.
Liaising with community organizations and partnering with neighbouring churches in order to best meet the needs of and provide programs for the community which you serve.
- Meetings: As part of the TCM ministry team, participate in staff meetings and prayer meetings and monthly supervisory meetings. Provide leadership in prayer, Bible study and worship when requested. Commit to regular prayer for other TCM team members (both paid and unpaid staff).
- Reporting: Complete appropriate reports indicating results achieved against planned results. Reporting includes a monthly quantitative program report and a monthly qualitative reflection report. Participate in annual self-evaluation and performance review.
- Representation, fundraising, and communication: Commit to raising personal support as per the staff plan. A prayer/newsletter will be prepared regularly and sent to supporters. As opportunities arise, and in coordination with TCM leadership, speak in churches or before other small groups about the work and ministry of TCM.
Other duties as assigned.
Must be a certified teacher.
Based on a faith support model and salary.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Posted Under: Education
Career ID: [ 7183 ]