Scarborough, Ontario , M1W 2P5
Fundraising Coordinator: Full-Time (24 hours)
Toronto City Mission
Toronto City Mission is a charitable organization that focuses on building loving relationships to bring hope to children and families impacted by poverty. We help children, youth, and adults rise above poverty by providing preventative programs, building relationships, and raising leaders. Our programs are designed to equip them to make wise choices about school, friends, relationships, work, and the future.
As part of the Fundraising Team, the Fundraising Coordinator will primarily be responsible for overseeing the fundraising activities to help fulfill Spark|Purposeful Giving by building a community of prayer, volunteer, and financial supporters.
Ministry Partner Development
Commit to raising 100% of personal support; as per the Individual Ministry Partner Development Plan. As opportunities arise, and in coordination with TCM leadership, speak in churches or before other small groups about the work and ministry of TCM.
- Utilize TCM’s donor management system, Donor Perfect, to understand our current donor base, explore, prepare and propose new prospects to the Development Team
- Utilize Big Online database to research corporate, foundation, and government grant funding opportunities for the fundraising team
- Researching, cultivating and recommend major gift prospects to the Development Team
- Researching, recommending community partners and contacts.
Fundraising & Foundations
- Prepare fundraising appeals and stewardship letters.
- Manage proposal deadlines and submissions.
- Write funding proposals for foundations, governments and corporations and major gift donors.
- With the Development team cultivate Spark | Purposeful Giving Program
- Maintain sponsor/granting relationships and ensure that all benefits or promises to sponsors are fulfilled.
- Assist in developing and executing a strategy for in-kind donations
Event Planning and Execution
Lead the planning and execution of events, (SpikeBack, IGNITE, third-party events, AGM, etc.) including budget development, event contracts, sponsorship, expense management, and post event stewardship.
- Participate in bi-weekly staff meetings and monthly prayer meetings
- Managing donor and volunteer database
- General office administrative support (i.e. answering phone, responding to
- general information inquiries, mail, etc.)
Supervise and Support Volunteers
Recruit, supervise, and support committees of volunteers who assist with planning, organizing and implementing fundraising activities
- Committed to personal spiritual growth and the development of an accountability or prayer group. Be an active member of a local church.
- Prior experience in fundraising for a non-profit organization is an asset.
- A passion and vision to see families impacted by poverty lead transformed lives
- Experience in recruiting, motivating, and equipping volunteer leaders to minister to children and youth
- Strong capacity for organization, managing conflicts, and problem solving
- Reliable, take initiative, and self-motivated
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity
- Strong team player and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English (written and oral) and excellent communication and administrative skills.
Based on a faith support model and salary.
Interested candidates should include their motivation for ministry with their cover letter and resumé.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 7184 ]