Third annual two day leadership conference for individuals of all ages who work in youth ministry settings whether in the Church or the marketplace from November 15 to 16 this year. The conference will include a mixture of main and breakout sessions on topics of relevance both to youth workers and their students.
Scarborough, Ontario , M1W 2P5
Toronto City Mission is a charitable organization that focuses on building loving relationships to bring hope to children and families impacted by poverty. We help children, youth, and adults rise above poverty by providing preventative programs, building relationships, and raising leaders. Our programs are designed to equip them to make wise choices about school, friends, relationships, work, and the future.
As part of the Fundraising Team, the Fundraising Coordinator will primarily be responsible for overseeing the fundraising activities. Help fulfill Spark|Purposeful Giving by building a community of prayer, volunteer, and financial supporters.
The Fundraising Coordinator will work as part of a team with the shared responsibility for development. Supervised by the Manager, Partner Relations, this individual will work particularly close with the Communications Coordinator as well as the Executive Director.
Spiritual Growth and Development
Commit to personal spiritual growth and the development of an accountability or prayer group. Be an active member of a local church.
Ministry Partner Development
Commit to raising 100% of personal support; as per the Individual Ministry Partner Development Plan. As opportunities arise, and in coordination with TCM leadership, speak in churches or before other small groups about the work and ministry of TCM.
- Utilize our donor management system, Donor Perfect, to understand our current donor base, explore, prepare and proposal new prospects to the Development Team
- Utilize Big Online database to research corporate, foundation, and government grant funding opportunities for the fundraising team
- Researching, cultivating and recommend major gift prospects to the Development Team
- Researching, recommending community partners and contacts.
Planning & Execution
- Cultivate a support base using a quarterly prayer letter.
- With the Development Team, create and execute on the annual fundraising plan.
- Manage proposal deadlines and submissions.
- Write funding proposals for foundations, governments and corporations and major gift donors.
- With the Development team cultivate community partners and contacts.
- Maintain sponsor/granting relationships and ensure that all benefits or promises to sponsors are fulfilled.
- Assist in developing and executing a strategy for in-kind donations
- Assist in developing and executing a targeted planned giving program
Event Planning and Execution
- Lead the planning and execution of events (SpikeBack, IGNITE, third-party events, AGM, etc.) including budget development, event contracts, sponsorship, and expense management
- Administer the use of Canada Helps online fundraising tools for third-party and TCM organized events
- Ensure that stewardship is administered after each event and fundraising project to deepen partner relationships
- Attend staff meetings twice a month
- Manage donor database using Donor Perfect
- Collaborate in preparing fundraising reports for the Executive Director and Board
- General office administrative support (i.e. answering phone, responding to general information inquiries, mail, etc.)
Supervise and Support Volunteers
- Recruit, supervise, and support committees of volunteers who assist with planning, organizing and implementing fundraising activities
Representation, fundraising, and communication:
Commit to raising support for TCM. A prayer/newsletter will be prepared regularly and sent to supporters. As opportunities arise, and in coordination with TCM leadership, speak in churches or before other small groups about the work and ministry of TCM.
Other duties as assigned
Faith Support Model and Salary
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 7184 ]