Third annual two day leadership conference for individuals of all ages who work in youth ministry settings whether in the Church or the marketplace from November 15 to 16 this year. The conference will include a mixture of main and breakout sessions on topics of relevance both to youth workers and their students.
Mississauga, Ontario , L5N 2R2
Mississauga Christian Academy (MCA) is a vibrant co-educational private Christian school in Mississauga, Ontario with over 150 students in our JK-8. MCA is a ministry of the Meadowvale Bible Baptist Church and a member of the Association of Christian Schools International and Edvance Christian School Association. Benefits for this position will be discussed in the interview/onboarding process. If interested in the position please attach a cover letter with your resume.
It is our mission to employ the finest educational resources and personnel to achieve our pursuit of educational excellence and character development while faithfully sharing the gospel. It is our vision to partner with and support families in training their children.
Overview of Position
MCA is seeking an energetic OCT teacher with two years of experience to carry out the professional duties in accordance with the school's policies and in compliance with the Ontario Ministry of Education under the direction of the Principal. The teacher will be an effective professional who demonstrates thorough curriculum knowledge, ability to teach and assess effectively, take responsibility for professional development and demonstrate students success and achievement.
Areas of Responsibility and Key Tasks
Planning, Teaching and Class Management
Teach allocated students by planning their teaching to achieve progression of learning through:
- Use “Growing Success Document” as best practice standard as directed by Principal through internally modified published policy documents;
- identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed;
- setting tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest;
- be aware of and make provision for students who have particular individual needs;
- providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge;
- maintaining discipline in accordance with the school's procedures and encouraging good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework;
- Using a variety of teaching methods to:
- match approach to content, structure information and use appropriate vocabulary
- use effective questioning, listen carefully to students, give attention to errors and misconceptions
- select appropriate learning resources and develop study skills;
- ensuring the effective and efficient deployment of classroom support; liaise with the Principal to ensure the implementation of department policy and best practice.
Monitoring, Assessment, Recording, Reporting
- Assessment, evaluation and reporting practices are based on the Ontario Ministry of Education guidelines.
- Undertake assessment of students and participate in the school’s system reporting to parents.
- Have lead responsibility for a subject or aspect of the school's work
- develop plans which identify clear targets and success criteria for its development and / or maintenance;
- Promote the general progress and well-being of individual students;
- Mentor, pray and share the gospel with students when appropriate;
Competencies and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Education, Certified by the Ontario College of Teachers; Christian School Teaching Certificate (Edvance)
- Ability to deal with sensitive situations with diplomacy and composure.
- Outstanding writing and oral communication skills.
- Must be competent with web-based communication and willingness to use new technology.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to set priorities,multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to contribute positively to a team environment.
Posted Under: Education
Career ID: [ 7205 ]