Relief Dietary Aide
Relief Dietary Aide
Toronto, Ontario , M4S 1J6
More than 1 required (union position).
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
- Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
- Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
- Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
The Salvation Army’s flagship Meighen Health Centre is a not-for-profit, faith-based continuum of care, providing a high standard of holistic person-centered health care services to the residents of a 168 bed long term care home and to residents of an 80 suite retirement residence. We demonstrate Christian values and are a transforming influence in the lives of our residents, families, staff, volunteers and the community. We are inspired by our Mission and Values and CARE about the work we do!
- Directs serving of meals in assigned unit and ensures food safety by monitoring food and equipment temperatures
- Ensures proper food handling procedures are followed including HACCP
- Ensures food safety by monitoring food and equipment temperatures
- Ensures timeliness of meal service
- Sets and clears tables; prepares assigned server and dining room for food service
- Sets up bulk food carts and serve hot/cold meals according to special dietary instructions, portions out and serves food and beverages as directed, and prepares and delivers nourishment to assigned units
- Loads, delivers and sets up meal service carts
- Makes beverages and food items as required. Prepares and assembles items such as sandwiches, salads and desserts
- Strip, rack and wash items such as trays, dishes, cutlery
- Stores incoming supplies as directed, checks and restocks dietary supplies in the kitchen and serveries from dry storage
Education & Experience
- Completion of the Food Service Worker and Food Handler’s program
- Long Term Care experience
- Excellent Written and verbal communication skills, including computer literacy
- Ability to operate kitchen equipment
You must be available to work evenings and weekends
Successful candidate will be required to provide upon hiring:
- A clear vulnerable sector screening
- A clean drivers abstract
- Participate in our online Armatus Abuse Training and Health and Safety training required upon hiring, as well as updated annually
Salary: $17.87 per hour
Interested applicants are asked to contact Director, Employee Relations by August 31, 2019
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 7207 ]