The Toronto Children's Ministry Conference is a gathering of people who are dedicated to the spiritual growth of children, parents, church volunteers and ministry leaders. Join us on Saturday, November 2nd, for engaging and practical workshops that will equip and inspire you!
Director of Worship Ministries
Director of Worship Ministries
Kitchener, Ontario , N2N 2A8
Overview of Westheights Community Church:
Westheights Community Church is a vibrant, progressive community church located in the west side of the City of Kitchener. The church was planted in the late 1970’s when a group of people with a desire to reach out to a rapidly growing area of the city began meeting. Since then, the Westheights story has been one of growth and innovation as the congregation strives to be a contemporary Anabaptist expression of the Kingdom of God in Kitchener-Waterloo.
Sunday morning attendance averages 250 with a contemporary worship style, casual dress and an atmosphere of acceptance. Our desire is to help people develop a faith that transforms heart and mind and can be lived out well in daily life.
We are searching for a Director of Worship Ministries who can build on our current worship ministry and facilitate worship that engages people, fosters community and develops volunteers.
- Work closely with the Lead Pastor to create a complete and cohesive corporate worship service that edifies and engages
- Lead corporate worship at least two times per month and serve as a member of a worship team at least once per month
- Facilitate weekly and special rehearsals
- Serve as the key contact in organizing and planning corporate worship services, preparing the weekly order of service and communicating directly to service participants
- Coordinate and administer the overall worship ministry by interacting with all those involved, preparing schedules, facilitating planning meetings and maintaining necessary records
- Work with the Lead Pastor to plan and oversee all special services, such as Christmas, Easter, Good Friday, and others as required
- Train, encourage, resource and equip singers and musicians within the congregation to improve their musical capabilities and broaden their repertoire
- Give oversight to sound techs and projectionists
- Steward wisely the equipment and financial resources entrusted to the worship ministries of the church
- Participate in weekly Team Meetings
- The successful candidate may also be given leadership responsibilities to non-worship strategic initiatives as directed by the Lead Pastor
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by the fruits of the Spirit
- Personal integrity above reproach, a life-long learner, self-motivated, goal-oriented, team player, flexible
- Passion for music and other creative aspects of corporate worship
- Affirmed musical giftedness with competency in leading corporate worship music both vocally and instrumentally
- Be in agreement with the Be In Christ Church of Canada Core Values and Articles of Faith and Doctrine
- Willing and able to become a member of Westheights Community Church
- Effective written and spoken communication skills
- Familiarity with Planning Center and G-Suite
- Current Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
Terms of Employment:
The Director of Worship Ministries will be employed by Westheights Community Church, supervised by the Lead Pastor and will be amenable to the leadership of the Be In Christ Church of Canada.
This position requires work on at least three Sundays a month, weeknights for rehearsals and regular mid-week office hours which will be determined in discussion with the Lead Pastor. The average hours worked each week will fluctuate, but the average will be 20 hours/week.
- This position is permanent, part-time, based on 20 hours per week.
- Salary TBD
How to Apply:
Westheights Community Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applications will be accepted until September 26, 2019.
Only applicants who are legally permitted to reside and work in Canada will be considered.
Please email a resume, along with a short personal testimony of faith and three personal references, to Josh Mutter (Lead Pastor) at email@example.com.
While we appreciate all submissions, only those selected for further considerations will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 7226 ]