The Toronto Children's Ministry Conference is a gathering of people who are dedicated to the spiritual growth of children, parents, church volunteers and ministry leaders. Join us on Saturday, November 2nd, for engaging and practical workshops that will equip and inspire you!
Program Logistics Specialist
Program Logistics Specialist
Hamilton, Ontario , L8L 4J5
- Type: Full Time; Contract
- Application Deadline: September 15, 2019
- Job Region: Hamilton Wentworth
- Location: Hamilton
In Canada, more than 1 in 7 children live in poverty; in Hamilton, it's 1 in 4. For generations, poverty has stolen dreams and destroyed futures. At CityKidz, we think it’s time to change that, and we're looking for committed people who work with us to help kids “Dream big Dreams” and reach their full potential.
CityKidz is a non-profit, Christian organization dedicated to increasing resiliency and inspiring big dreams for Canadian children living in low-income communities by providing inspirational experiences and nurturing personal relationships, one child at a time.
Children and youth between the ages of three to sixteen are bused in from Hamilton’s most vulnerable neighborhoods to experience dynamic, life-changing programs. Relationships and mentoring or at the core of each of our programs, and each child and youth receives a personal home visit by a member of our staff or volunteers. Home Visits provide an opportunity for each volunteer to role model positive behavior and also to provide any support the children and family may need, whether physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual.
About the Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a positive, energetic and highly capable individual with a strong background in administration and working as a member of a team. They will have experience, passion, and insight into the needs and issues affecting children and families living in poverty, in Canada.
The Programs Logistics Specialist oversees the administration for the CityKidz Program Team, data entry, food ordering, training and scheduling volunteers and compiling reports.
- Program Administation
- Enters data related to youth registered in the CityYouth and Roadmaps to Dreams programs.
- Provides administrative support to our Core Projects
- Compiles reports, including Work Plans and weekly metrics.
- Volunteer Management
- Train, schedule and oversee office volunteers within the Program Team.
- Give leadership to the Saturday support team in areas including first aid, food prep, welcome table and command centre.
- Program Management
- Gives leadership to the Command Centre on Wednesdays and Saturdays, during program season.
- Makes preparations for Saturday programs, including flyers, rosters and updating clipboards.
- Ensures that food prep, first aid, welcome, and registration tables are ready for Saturday programs.
The Programs Logistics Specialist will be thoroughly committed to CityKidz values, mission, and vision. This position requires a proven ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. Concrete, demonstrable experiences and other qualifications include:
- Certification or related administrative experience in non-profit sector
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with data bases, word processors and spreadsheets.
Full-time contract position, $31,000-$35,000
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. For more information about CityKidz, please visit www.citykidz.ca
Closing Date September 15, 2019, at 5:00 pm
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 7228 ]