Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Mark Masri. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 7th for 2 shows. Get your tickets before they are sold out.
Director of Integration & Outreach Ministries
Director of Integration & Outreach Ministries
Markham, Ontario , L3P 3J3
The Director of Integration & Outreach Ministries will uphold and carry out the mission and vision of Harvest Bible Chapel York Region as they give leadership and support to all aspects of ministry and fulfill the vision of the Elders. The heart of this role is to encourage and shepherd God’s people by providing leadership and vision to program development, coordination, implementation and direction to all aspects of Integration and Outreach.
To accomplish the above objective the Director of Integration & Outreach Ministries must be spiritually mature, teachable, trustworthy, humble, willing to serve and able to lead. This individual must have passion and competencies in working with people of all ages and spiritual maturities. Further, the Director must ensure that all ministry activities implemented at Harvest Bible Chapel York Region are in adherence to our primary purpose of glorifying God and fulfilling the great commission in conjunction with our four pillars. The Director must display a life that seeks to worship, walk with, and work for Christ.
Key Responsibilities and Functions:
- Fulfill the vision of the Elders in Integration & Outreach.
- Oversight and direct responsibility for all aspects of the integration “funnel” taking people from first interactions with the church all the way through to Walking with Christ (involvement in a small group), Working for Christ (serving) and Church Membership including Step 1, Step 2 and Step 3. Objective is to move people from “tire-kickers” to fully committed and connected members. Goal is to have everyone in our church Worshipping, Walking/regularly involved in a small group and Working/serving somewhere in ministry at Harvest.
- Oversight and direct responsibility for all Integration Ministries including Greeters, Ushers, Guest Reception, Information Centre, Parking, Security, Hospitality and Tellers to ensure a warm, welcoming, informative and safe environment.
- Oversight and direct responsibility for primary first contact with all “First Time Visitors” and those “Visiting Again” including ensuring all first time visitors receive a timely personal phone call.
- Oversight and direct responsibility for Prayer & Connector Form requests including ensure that personal contact is made with all “urgent/critical” prayer requests to ensure people are cared for and loved as well as those that come in from other means (website, etc.).
- Oversight and direct responsibility for follow up and contact with absent individuals including creating systems to identify them (use of PCO, small group leaders, etc.).
- Primary individual to assist with people plugging in to Working for Christ/serving roles and opportunities at Harvest including identifying peoples abilities/gifts and sourcing people to fill ministry needs.
- Oversight and direct responsibility for all baptisms and memberships (interviews, etc.).
- Oversight and direct responsibility for all Outreach Ministries including local and overseas missions and compassion ministries including developing local outreach opportunities for local evangelism, overseas missions opportunities for short term missions trips and compassion opportunities where the people of our church can engage in serving others in our community through partnerships with local Christian compassion ministries.
- Recruit, equip, resource, develop and empower individuals, leaders and teams to fulfill the above ministry objectives and ensure intentional multiplication in all aspects of ministry.
- Ensure simplicity, clarity and urgency in all communications and strategies.
- Conduct funerals, weddings, visitation and assist with biblical soul care/counselling, etc.
Other duties as assigned and as determined/required
- Follower of Jesus Christ who is in agreement with Harvest York Region’s Doctrinal Statement & Beliefs and will maintain membership at Harvest York Region including all ongoing requirements.
- A heart for the local church, a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion to reach others.
- Able to articulate a biblical understanding of ministry goals and be committed to the Harvest model.
- Has a strong working knowledge of how a ministry should run (volunteers, training, schedules, communication, etc.).
- Proven ability to lead and manage a large team, delegate tasks/roles and identify potential ministry leaders and equip for the work of ministry.
- Able to encourage, inspire and motivate others towards excellence.
- Great collaborative team player who works well in an office environment.
- Loves dealing with all kinds of people, has exceptional relational skills and is able to build effective relationships.
- Can handle stressful situations and works well in a fast paced environment.
- Effective and articulate communication skills including ability to speak to groups, teach and lead, and can motivate others towards excellence.
- Highly detailed and organized person who is creative and highly productive and is able to manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Action-oriented and displays focus, passion and initiative. Takes appropriate action when something needs to be done.
- Teachable, committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, understands strengths and weaknesses, and has an ongoing pursuit of humility and holiness.
- Strong knowledge of and able to leverage technology.
- Bible college or other ministry education an asset.
- Attend all weekend services and all special services/church-wide events.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
- The Director of Integration & Outreach reports to the Executive Pastor.
- Review after 3 months, 6 months and a year. (First 6 months will be a probationary period to determine fitness/ability/alignment with the role.)
Note: This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the ministry.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 7257 ]