Join us for a day with Shane Claiborne. Come be inspired, challenged and refreshed as Shane invites us to explore the transforming power of downward mobility. Early Bird tickets available until January 31, 2020. Presented by Henri Nouwen Society & Tyndale Spiritual Formation Centre.
Vice President, Administration
Vice President, Administration
Three Hills, Alberta , T0M2A0
We seek to love international students unconditionally, partner with local churches in leading international students to discover Jesus through the Word of God, and prepare them to serve God where He leads them.
The VP Administration is responsible to the President of International Student Ministries Canada (ISMC) for receiving, stewarding and appropriately disbursing the financial resources of the organization while maintaining accurate records of all transactions. This person is also responsible for meeting the reporting requirements of various government and other agencies as needed for the operation of ISMC. The VP Administration will serve full-time, participating as a member of ISMC’s Senior Leadership Team in the strategizing, planning and execution of ISMC’s mandate and goals. The VP Administration will develop and lead the team of staff needed to fulfill these administrative and financial functions in order to accomplish ISMC’s mission.
- Position Type: Full-Time, Partnership Development Required
- Location: Canada (Preferably Alberta)
- Accountable To: Vice President, Executive
- Personal & Professional Development
- Prayerfully work on keeping self and family emotionally and spiritually (marriage first) healthy.
- Establish regular times of prayer and Word study for God’s wisdom and direction in life and ministry.
- Develop and maintain a team of prayer and financial partners for full support.
- Ongoing general training through NLT monthly sessions and quarterly retreats, ACMI, local seminars, seminary courses, online training etc. Biennial ISMC conference is mandatory.
- Engage in professional development/in-service training as needed.
- General Administration
- Establish and implement departmental goals and operating procedures.
- Lead and supervise all staff in the administrative department and hire assistants when needed.
- Oversee the day-to-day business operations of ISMC, including the income, receipting and disbursement of mission funds.
- Oversee head office correspondence, including letters or emails of appreciation to donors.
- Maintain adequate accounting records.
- Develop and manage ISMC’s annual budget, in consultation with Senior Leadership Team and all Career Staff.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the President and Board Treasurer.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for the President and the Board of Directors.
- Arrange for the annual audit and cooperate with the auditor chosen by the Board of Directors.
- Assist in the development and revision of policies in ISMC’s Policy Manual, particularly those related to financial issues.
- Handle the reporting requirements of Canada Revenue Agency, Corporations Canada, provincial government agencies, and the Canadian Council of Christian Charities.
- Ensure that ISMC has adequate and cost-effective insurance coverage.
- Provide orientation to ISMC’s financial policies to new staff.
- Oversee the work of City Treasurers and the bank accounts they administer.
- Serve on the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and by default, the National Leadership Team.
- Be consistent in developing new leaders, including developing a viable succession plan.
- Personal Character & Competency
- Growing in a vital relationship with Christ. Meets the leadership qualities of 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
- Good Bible knowledge.
- Committed to the Great Commission and the vision and mission of ISMC.
- Understands the impact international student ministries can have in the world and is committed to empowering international students to impact the world by empowering staff.
- In agreement with ISMC’s Statement of Faith and ISMC’s Lifestyle Practice & Conduct policy.
- A minimum of 5 years of senior executive leadership experience, preferably in a non- profit organization or ministry.
- Academic and professional achievement, preferably in the business administration and/or accounting fields.
- Proven administrative abilities, including computer literacy, I.T. and communication skills.
- Experience in financial and project management as they relate to non-profit organizations.
- Knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency’s regulations for registered charities.
- Experience in leading diverse teams and accomplishing organizational goals.
- Proven success in Partner Development.
For more information, please email to email@example.com
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 7273 ]