The Senior IT Support Specialist provides exceptional application support and technical assistance to end users by resolving and escalating IT support requests in a timely manner in the areas of hardware, software, and services, including the physical network and printers...
Executive Vice President
Executive Vice President
Sussex, New Brunswick , E4E 5L2
- Classification: Full-time Administrator
- Responsible To: The President
- Purpose: To serve the College as Chief Financial, Operations, and Development Officer, and Director of Human Resources.
- Goal: To ensure the sound financial operation of the university, the proper support of university employees, and the cultivation of donor generated funds.
- Finance and Human Resources
- Give overall supervision and direction to the financial services of Kingswood University, including the annual audit, and semi-annual reports to the board of trustees.
- Oversee the management of all scholarship, restricted and endowment funds.
- Give oversight to the management of investments according to board adopted policies.
- Serve the corporation as official treasurer under the general oversight of the board of trustees.
- Secure and maintain appropriate insurance for all assets and operations, including professional insurance for administrators and board members.
- Prepare reports and information as needed regarding governmental non-profit status for Revenue Canada as well as for other agencies to which the university is accountable including The Wesleyan Church and the Association of Biblical Higher Education.
- Prepare the annual general operating fund and capital fund budgets and give direct oversight in the monthly management of the general operating fund by all administrators.
- Supervise the staff of the Finance Office.
- Carry out the responsibilities of the university HR director, including, but not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with all federal and provincial laws in regards to the employment of personnel.
- Maintain an accurate and updated Employee Handbook.
- Conduct an orientation with all new employees and an exit interview with all departing employees, documenting as appropriate.
- Collect all documentation for and maintenance of personnel files for all employees and provide to employees as needed.
- Ensure that all employee attendance statements are updated and accurate.
- Supervise monthly payroll, reporting and remitting taxes, and maintaining secure personnel financial records.
- Collect and maintain an updated record of all job descriptions.
- Coordinate with the appropriate VP the announcement of all new and departing employees.
- Assist the various departments with the drafting of hire letters to ensure that all appropriate information is included in the hire letter.
- Facilitate the posting of employment opportunities with other organizations.
- Provide strategic leadership to the Director of Plant Operations for the development and execution of a comprehensive physical plant operations plan to obtain maximum energy and financial efficiency of operation, to secure the highest safety standards and to enhance the overall beauty of the campus buildings and grounds. This includes preventative maintenance programs, various service contracts, enhancements to buildings and grounds, and appropriate response to issues of health, safety and emergencies.
- Direct a comprehensive physical asset management program for all furnishings, fixtures and equipment including inventory control, asset identification, purchasing, and records for replacement and insurance.
- Oversee the operation of food services including activities processed by the kitchen, dining hall, and Wesley Hall.
- Serve as liaison and operations director for special events for which facilities and services are rented.
- Oversee Aramark’s operations on campus which includes food services and housekeeping, ensuring that a high level of service is provided in a cost-effective manner to employees, students and individuals renting the facilities.
- Oversee the Director of Information Services ensuring that all employees have suitable technology to achieve their respective duties, that there is an appropriate level of service provided to students and that hardware, systems and information are safeguarded.
- Provide entrepreneurial leadership of new revenue-generating opportunities.
- Donor Engagement
- Give overall supervision and direction to the donor development and fund-raising efforts of the university.
- Provide strategic leadership in the development of sustainable support for the university by donors through personal solicitation and donor development.
- Develop and implement a systematic program for cultivating current and potential major donors with the objective of moving them to the next level of giving and involvement.
- Oversee the identification and cultivation of new donors through all of the various means of constituency contacts.
- Enhance the relationship of current donors with the university through appropriate communication, involvement and recognition.
- Supervise the Director of the Annual Fund in accordance with goals and budgets adopted by the Board of Trustees.
- Enhance the relationship of Kingswood University with Wesleyan churches across North America and constituent denominations in order to cultivate sustained support.
- Assist the president in providing leadership for special events which have a development focus (e.g. Carols at Kingswood, Award Ceremony Banquet, Kingswood Night at Beulah, Trustee events).
- Provide leadership in capital fundraising projects as directed by the president and approved by the trustees, including the development and execution of major capital fund campaigns.
- Serve as director of estate planning with the goal of strengthening the long-term financial stability of the university through the cultivation and solicitation of deferred gifts, endowment and scholarship funds, and inclusion in estate plans.
- Supervise the director of alumni relations to cultivate their continued involvement and support of the university.
- Assist the president in providing catalytic leadership to Kingswood University trustees in their development of other donors to the university.
- Assist the president in the preparation and development of donor solicitation for projects.
- Serve as the institutional liaison with the Buckingham Leadership Institute.
- Set an example of financial support for the university through personal leadership in giving.
- Supervise the staff of the development office, both paid and volunteer.
- Develop the departmental budgets and oversee expenditures in accordance with limits set by the president and approved by the board of trustees.
- Serve as a member of the administrative cabinet, assisting the president in the overall operation of the university in achieving her mission.
- Report to the president as requested, and to the board of trustees semi-annually, on the progress and success of the supervised departments.
- Provide leadership in other areas of the university as directed by the president.
- Attend chapel on a regular basis
- View position as a ministry including mentoring students in their Christian walk as opportunities arise in the fulfillment of your responsibilities
- At least ten years of experience in financial management and an accounting designation would be an asset.
- Ability to pursue, manage and monitor multiple integrated opportunities simultaneously to meet performance goals.
- Vice President level skills and experience including project management, self-motivation, goal accomplishment, and work prioritization.
- Strong leadership and supervisory abilities.
- Good interpersonal communication skills including listening, relating, diplomacy, tact and creative problem-solving.
- Positive personal characteristics of attitude, flexibility, initiative, persistence, professional appearance and presentation, and team spirit.
- Strategic thinker.
- Understanding of and ability to communicate Christian values and beliefs to students.
- Exemplary Christian character and lifestyle in agreement with the membership commitments for leaders of The Wesleyan Church and ministry and mission focus of the University.
- Genuine and evident love for other persons demonstrated by consistent spirit of kindness, compassion and respect for all other persons.
- Integrity and moral excellence, with life above reproach.
- Commitment to enthusiastically assist in fulfillment of Kingswood University’s mission.
General University Information
Kingswood University is owned by The Wesleyan Church. The mission of Kingswood is to serve Jesus Christ by strengthening the local and global church through forming Christ-like servant leaders in a community that creatively blends academic excellence and practical ministry experience with intentional spiritual formation.
Please contact Dr. Stephen Lennox, President of Kingswood University.
Resumes and cover letters should be in PDF format only.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 7330 ]