Third annual two day leadership conference for individuals of all ages who work in youth ministry settings whether in the Church or the marketplace from November 15 to 16 this year. The conference will include a mixture of main and breakout sessions on topics of relevance both to youth workers and their students.
Part-time Director of Worship & Music
Part-time Director of Worship & Music
Stoney Creek, Ontario , L8J 2L6
Overview of Paramount Drive Alliance Church:
Paramount Drive Alliance Church is located in the south-east corner of Hamilton within a suburban area that has both established neighbourhoods and newly constructed sub-divisions.
We are a Christ-centred, Spirit-led, Mission-focused congregation that emphasizes experiencing the presence of God, building supportive relationships, reaching out with gospel love and leading lives that are full and faithful.
The goal of our corporate worship is to rehearse the good news of abundant life in Jesus with music and other creative elements that together edify and engage. Our musical repertoire leans toward contemporary worship music, but thoughtful inclusion of traditional music and elements is valued.
- Work closely with the Pastoral Team to create a cohesive corporate Sunday morning service that invites people into sincere worship of God and engagement with his truth.
- Lead corporate worship two times per month and serve as a member of a worship team at least once per month.
- Coordinate and resource weekly rehearsals that promote the team’s preparedness to lead the congregation in corporate worship.
- Administer the scheduling of volunteers so that each corporate worship service is adequately staffed with vocalists, musicians, media and sound.
- Resource the work of the Worship Team Leaders, facilitating regular meetings to encourage and strengthen their leadership and the ministries of our worship volunteers.
- Ensure the timely and accurate submission of all necessary statistics and reports associated with public worship (e.g., CCLI reporting).
- Steward wisely the equipment and financial resources entrusted to the worship ministries of the church.
- Saving relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by the fruits of the Spirit
- Personal integrity above reproach, a life-long learner, self-motivated, goal-oriented, team player, flexible
- A working knowledge of both contemporary and traditional worship music
- Affirmed musical giftedness with competency in leading corporate worship music both vocally and instrumentally (i.e., piano, guitar)
- Effective written and spoken communication skills
- Familiarity with Easy Worship software
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Valid ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s License
- Current Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
Terms of Employment
The Director of Worship & Music will be employed by the Board of Elders, supervised by the Senior Pastor and will be amenable to the district leadership of the Christian & Missionary Alliance in Canada.
This position requires work on at least three Sundays a month, weeknights for rehearsals, and regular mid-week office hours which will be determined in discussion with the Senior Pastor. The actual number of hours worked each week will fluctuate, but the average will be 12-15 hours/week.
This position is part-time, based on 12-15 hours per week.
Annual salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
How to apply
Paramount Drive Alliance Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applications will be accepted until Nov. 1, 2019.
Only applicants who are legally permitted to reside and work in Canada will be considered.
Please email a résumé, along with a short personal testimony of faith and three personal references to David Pett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 7363 ]