Third annual two day leadership conference for individuals of all ages who work in youth ministry settings whether in the Church or the marketplace from November 15 to 16 this year. The conference will include a mixture of main and breakout sessions on topics of relevance both to youth workers and their students.
Puslinch, Ontario , N0B 2J0
CBC is a multi-generational church with two language focuses (English and Mandarin) located in the south east side of Guelph. Our vision is simply, “Everyone a Disciple,” and our mission is to be outwardly focused followers of Jesus Christ who passionately pursue the Great Commandment and Great Commission. Our strategy is to make disciples by helping people Believe, Grow, and Multiply the gospel of Christ.
CBC is looking for a high capacity Executive Pastor who is passionate about:
- Stream lining day to day operations of the church
- Recruiting, mentoring, and equipping emerging ministry leaders
- Training and supporting small group leaders in their ministry roles
- Overseeing business activities and ensuring operational effectiveness for the fulfillment of Calvary Baptist Church’s strategy
- Being part of a fun, energetic, and growing team
Leadership & Vision:
Support the Lead Pastor in the accomplishment of CBC’s mission through ministry effectiveness evaluation, discernment, decision making, planning and overall direction of church staff
Participate in the establishment and ongoing direction of ministries that effectively reach the church’s community, insuring the accomplishment of the overall mission.
Build and maintain a leadership structure that recruits, trains, and empowers volunteers to lead and multiply small groups
- Working with our Director of Finance and Finance committee and ministry leaders, develop annual financial plans that fund the accomplishment of the strategic plan and meet our financial objectives (eg, established cash reserve levels)
- Track spending and giving through the year
- Champion the development of an infrastructure by all ministry and support areas that strengthens the healthy and long term growth of the church
- Using the “believe, grow, and multiply” model, develop and execute strategies and processes that develop leaders.
- Assist in directing staff meetings
- With the Lead Pastor and Pastoral staff team, establish and maintain key performance measures for regularly reviewing the effectiveness of ministry programs/activities.
- Be a regular part of worship on Sunday morning
- Be available for preaching on Sunday mornings as directed by the Lead Pastor
- Participate in baptism, wedding, and funeral services.
The successful candidate will have:
- Will be in full support of and promote CBC’s statement of faith, mission, vision and values.
- The ability to be ordained through the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptists in Canada
- Meet the requirements of elder as listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- Excellent organizational skills as well as strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively in multi-staffed teams.
- A high capacity, energetic self-starter who can think strategically, adapt and problem-solve.
- Excellent computer skills and be proficient in MS Office, internet, social media, and database maintenance. We currently use Planning Centre Online for many of our church needs and the candidate will need to be able to grow in a PCO environment
- Have a strong organizational background that includes experience in business, HR, finances, risk management, health and safety, and organizational development
- Demonstrated effective experience on a senior leadership team, utilizing leadership, wise judgment and evidence of a character above reproach.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to energize, build, lead, and motivate teams toward effective and results-oriented performance.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize discernment and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and manage time effectively under the pressure of time constraints.
- Demonstrated team player and commitment to other members of the team.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- A willingness to complete the criminal background check process.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a preferred focus in business or related field
- Minimum of 10 years leadership in a management or pastoral position with a proven ability to lead complex multidisciplinary teams
- Business experience combined with pastoral experience preferred
This position reports to the Lead Pastor
Calvary Baptist Church offers a salary based on experience and a complete benefits package including medical, dental, and pension.
Calvary Baptist invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the position. All applications will be reviewed but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 7370 ]