The Senior IT Support Specialist provides exceptional application support and technical assistance to end users by resolving and escalating IT support requests in a timely manner in the areas of hardware, software, and services, including the physical network and printers...
Associate Pastor of Worship and Connections
Associate Pastor of Worship and Connections
Pickering, Ontario , L1V 1A9
Bayfair Baptist Church is a vibrant growing church located in the GTA community of Pickering, Ontario. We are a multi-cultural, multi-generational congregation. We currently seeking a person to be our full-time (40 hours) Associate Pastor of Worship and Discipleship
This position is responsible for giving overall leadership to the worship ministries of the church more specifically to the worship portion of our Sunday Morning service, leading the midweek worship team rehearsal, as well as giving oversight to the worship team. This position will also be responsible for creating opportunities for people to get connected to the overall life of the church through the oversight of our discipleship groups and connection ministries.
- A person who demonstrates a mature walk with the Lord and a commitment to His church
- Someone who exemplifies a lifestyle and passion for worship and submission to the Lord Jesus Christ, a burden to see Christ’s people grow in their relationship with him
- Maintains and nurtures his/her own spiritual life through spending time in prayer and Bible Study
- A commitment to teaching sound doctrine and biblical truth
- A commitment to a balanced approach to the Spirit’s work in the life of a believer
- A commitment to work in harmony with existing leadership and direction, avoiding divisiveness
- Formal training, completed or in progress, from a bible college would be an asset but not required
- Experience leading worship in a congregational setting
- Experience in a church leadership position
- Ability to get along with people and communicate well
- A life that is consistent with biblical morals and the Vision of Bayfair Baptist Church
- A teachable attitude
- A demonstrated commitment to the ministries of Bayfair Baptist Church
- Be an active member, or willing to become an active member of Bayfair Baptist Church
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Praying regularly for our congregational worship and for those who are on the worship team
- Responsible for the oversight of the Sunday morning worship portion of the service, including A/V preparation and technology
- Works in partnership with the Senior Pastor, and other leaders, to coordinate a Christ-centered vision and theme of worship for each Sunday
- Responsible for overseeing the worship team, weekly schedule, and A/V personnel for Sunday mornings and events
- Leading worship during our Sunday gatherings (as needed) and overseeing music groups.
- Leading and/or coordinating any music and personnel for special events as determined by the Senior Pastor and/or Elders.
- Recruit, train, develop and equip leaders for service in the Worship Ministry
- Responsible for preparing, submitting and managing the annual budget for Worship ministries
- Praying regularly for the leaders, participants, and those serving in the discipleship ministries
- Responsible for managing, recruiting, training those who serve in the Connetions ministry (greeters, ushers, welcome center)
- Overseeing all Connection ministries i.e. Newcomers Lunch, New Members Class, Divorce Care, etc…
- Responsible for recruiting, training and developing leaders and participants in the discipleship group ministry (small groups)
- Willing to lead/participate in a discipleship group of their own
- Will work in partnership with the Senior Pastor to develop and implementing a strategy for connecting people into the life of the church.
- Work with the Senior Pastor on developing and implementing a strategy of discipleship.
- Seeking out/developing curriculum for Discipleship Groups that compliments Sunday Morning Preaching
Other Pastoral Duties
- Assist with Sunday Morning preaching as needed
- Assist with Congregation Care as needed (visitation, counselling, funerals, weddings)
- Assist with Benevolence ministry (i.e Care Closet, community support)
There may be other ministries opportunities and initiatives that come up that require your assistance or leadership.
If you sense the Lord calling you to inquire about this position and feel like you are the right candidate, please send a brief introduction as well as a resume to Pastor David Carter at email@example.com.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 7372 ]