Third annual two day leadership conference for individuals of all ages who work in youth ministry settings whether in the Church or the marketplace from November 15 to 16 this year. The conference will include a mixture of main and breakout sessions on topics of relevance both to youth workers and their students.
Mississauga, Ontario , L5J 1J7
Part Time (8 hours per week)
The Worship Director will oversee Sunday morning music, including both musicians and music content.
- Music (70%)
- Give Leadership and direction to the music components of Sunday morning worship.
- Provide coaching and accountability to musicians and worship leaders toward Sunday mornings
- Work with Worship Leaders to develop systems and structures for worship teams and song choices.
- Arrange and lead rehearsals.
- Lead worship on 2 – 3 Sundays a month.
- Administration (30%)
- Manage the schedule for worship leaders and musicians.
- Work with the Lead Pastors to shape and develop Sunday morning worship in keeping with the vision of the church.
- Participate in brainstorming and planning of content for Sunday morning Worship Gatherings.
- Secondary Responsibilities
- Design and/or organize prayers, scripture readings, responsive readings, testimonies, etc.
- As non-music components of worship.
- Participate in occasional services outside of Sunday Morning.
- Invited to participate in weekly staff meetings.
Clarkson Community Church Statement of Faith
As Christians, we affirm the historic Apostle's and Nicene creeds and we affirm our spiritual friendship with all those who seek to exalt and serve Jesus Christ.
We affirm the Lordship of Jesus Christ and the authority of scripture. We proclaim the message of a personal faith in the crucified Messiah and a transformed life in the Spirit. We seek to serve the global church in all its cultural diversity. We embrace the biblical call to seek justice and peace and to serve the poor, the vulnerable and oppressed.
We believe that:
- There is one true living God who exists eternally in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. God alone is the Creator, Sustainer and Lord of all things visible and invisible, at work in the world to redeem creation.
- The eternal Son of God, incarnate in Jesus of Nazareth, was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He declared God's kingdom and embodied that reign in his life, teaching, ministry, death and resurrection. Having lived a life of perfect human obedience to the Father, he died on the cross as a vicarious and victorious atonement for sin. In his atoning death and resurrection, Christ opened the way of rescue from sin and death, and offered forgiveness and healing, in reconciling the world to God. Exalted as Lord, he continues to intercede for his people.
- Holy Scripture, both Old and New Testaments together, is the authoritative written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit, truthful and trustworthy in all that it teaches.
- Human beings alone, both male and female, are created in the image of God. All people are created to enjoy relationship with God, with one another and with creation over which we are called to be stewards. Humankind's sinful rebellion resulted in God's just judgement, bringing sin and guilt upon all humanity.
- God in mercy and grace redeems all who repent of their sin and trust Jesus Christ alone for their salvation, justifying them through faith, restoring their relationship with God, giving them new life by the Spirit, and forming them into the image of Jesus.
- The one holy, catholic and apostolic church occurs in local communities of believers all over the world. The sacraments of Baptism and the Lord's Supper are central to Christian worship and discipleship. We affirm the baptism of believers by immersion on profession of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Jesus Christ will come again to judge the living and the dead. He will establish his kingdom of peace and he will reign forever.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 7373 ]