Markham, Ontario , L6E 1H8
The Full-time English Pastor is to lead in the English congregation and build up the spiritual lives of the youth through preaching, teaching, training and caring.
- To provide strong leadership and development to the English congregation of Wismer Baptist Church
- To carry out work as assigned by the Deacon Board and help the Senior Pastor to fulfill duties or projects as requested
- To oversee the English congregation of Wismer Baptist Church and alert the Senior Pastor of any areas of concern
- Daily schedule – Maintain 6 working days a week (half day on Saturdays and Sundays) and work no less than 40 hours per week
- Staff meetings – Attend all staff meetings and other ministry meetings and prepare to report on ministry activities. Report weekly to the Senior Pastor and be accountable to the Deacon Board
- Meet one-on-one and consult with the Senior Pastor on a regular basis for mentoring, prayer, evaluation and coordination
- Cooperate fully with other church leaders for the benefit of the church
- Plan for the development of the English congregation of WBC
- Disciple and mentor the English speaking brothers and sisters to help them become mature, healthy and devoted followers of Christ
- Attend Timothy Fellowship (Youth) and Joseph Fellowship (Young Adult). Counsel both fellowships, committees and teams by recruiting, training, encouraging and supporting brothers and sisters.
- Participate in the Sunday School teaching and support other Sunday School teachers with training, encouragement and curriculum development
- Plan and implement special activities like retreats, missions trips and outreach events, etc.
- Visit brothers and sisters and provide pastoral counseling on a regular basis, especially in special situations such as sickness, hospitalization, crisis intervention, death and other situations in which they may need help or support
- Outreach – Regularly provide opportunities for brothers and sisters in the English congregation to invite friends to church
- Equipping – Provide brothers and sisters opportunities to be involved in serving in ministries
- Encouragement – Help brothers and sisters in following God’s call in their lives
Other Ministry Responsibilities:
- Provide discipleship and mentoring for our youth and adults in the English congregation
- Communicate regularly to the English congregation about church activities
- Keep the Senior Pastor informed on all ministry activities and plans
- Demonstrate a willingness and flexibility to learn and serve in ways that will broaden the overall strengths of the pastoral team
- Perform other duties as required
These responsibilities are a general overview of the job duties and may change as the need arises.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 7374 ]