The Senior IT Support Specialist provides exceptional application support and technical assistance to end users by resolving and escalating IT support requests in a timely manner in the areas of hardware, software, and services, including the physical network and printers...
Mentor Program Coordinator
Mentor Program Coordinator
Langley, British Columbia , V2Y1N5
- Ministry: The Life Project
- Position Type: Full-time permanent position
- Job Region/Location: Virtual or Langley HQ
- Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Mentoring Director
- Funding: Ministry Partner Development (see end of Job Description)
Power to Change's mission is to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world.
The Life Project trains, encourages, and mobilizes a team of over 1,000 online mentors, and also helps churches across North America start their own mentoring ministry.
The Mentor Program Coordinator has responsibility for managing the entry-point for all new mentors and Mentor Coaches including their successful processing, training and equipping. This role is also responsible for executing a strategy to engage and retain current mentors as well as recruit new Mentor Coaches.
This role will be held accountable to achieving the following objectives:
- Mentor Coaches feel supported, receive good communication, and have ongoing accountability
- The communication strategy encourages, equips and engages Mentor Coaches
- The communication strategy can reach 500 Mentor Coaches on a monthly basis
- Mentor Coaches are aligned and engaged to the larger Life Project community
- Successfully and efficiently onboard new mentors
- Work with Mentor Admins to assess current onboarding process for mentors, working to streamline that process so that mentors can progress through their application and training in a set timeframe (TBD) and can easily be assigned to a Mentor Coach.
- Work with Mentor Coaches to determine if new mentors can be vetted successfully in the 6 week coaching program.
- Work with Mentor Coaches annually to assess mentor training. Determine and execute on updates as necessary (ie. specialized training needed, resources and templates updated etc)
- Engage in Strategy Development as a Team Player
- Collaborate with Mentoring Director and Team to develop, execute and scale mentor recruitment strategy for 5000 mentors by the end of 2020.
- Strategize with the Mentoring Team about mentor retention, spiritual care, development, career path opportunities and processes for mentors.
- Consult with the marketing team to ensure that specific need-based promotion is taking place to the various audiences.
- Ensure that marketing and promotional materials are accessible for mentors to help promote opportunities.
- Develop communication and development strategy to engage, retain and scale mentors.
- Personal Mentoring
- Become an online mentor and eventually a Mentor Coach to understand and experience the heart of The Life Project’s ministry.
Education and Experience:
All of the following would be an asset:
- Post secondary degree
- Experience communicating with a variety of people. Experience working with the public.
- Experience coordinating projects and assessing effectiveness towards reaching goals.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- A growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Ability to carry details as work moves forward, without losing sight of the big picture
- Ability to be sensitive to the ways different people learn, and be flexible in communication styles to help others learn.
- Ability to be flexible with strategy and workflow while balancing goal priorities
- Desire to learn and grow personally through developing training material and working as part of a team
This position requires Ministry Partner Development. The successful candidate will have the privilege to build a partnership team which provides financial and prayer support for the ministry. The financial support will cover the costs of the candidate’s salary and ministry expenses. Power to Change believes that Ministry Partner Development is biblical and God will provide everything necessary to fulfill the calling into ministry: finances, emotional strength and perseverance. Building a ministry partnership team is an integral part of being in ministry. There are many opportunities to bless and encourage the partnership team. Power to Change is committed to providing training and coaching that ensures success in Ministry Partner Development.
Please send your resume and cover letter or inquiries to: email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change. In order to make the best use of your time and ours, only applicants who closely match our requirements will be contacted directly.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 7375 ]