Third annual two day leadership conference for individuals of all ages who work in youth ministry settings whether in the Church or the marketplace from November 15 to 16 this year. The conference will include a mixture of main and breakout sessions on topics of relevance both to youth workers and their students.
Toy Store Assistant
Toy Store Assistant
Hamilton, Ontario , L8L4J5
In Canada, more than 1 in 7 children live in poverty; in Hamilton, it’s 1 in 5. For generations, poverty has stolen dreams and destroyed futures. At CityKidz, we think it’s time to change that, and we’re looking for committed people who work with us to help kids “Dream big Dreams” and reach their full potential.
CityKidz is a non-profit, Christian organization dedicated to increasing resiliency and inspiring big dreams for Canadian children living in low-income communities by providing inspirational experiences and nurturing personal relationships, one child at a time.
The Gift of Christmas project specifically provides a meaningful gift for each child enrolled in our programs. Each year we run a toy drive that receives new toys from the community. Our volunteers then spend hours personally selecting and wrapping a toy for each child and delivering it right to their home!
About the Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a positive, energetic and capable individual to serve in our Toy Store Donation Centre for the Christmas season as a part of our Gift of Christmas project. You will be a team player working with volunteers and staff in keeping the Toy Store gift receipt and distribution process moving smoothly.
- Set up and organize the Toy Store for receiving, sorting and distributing of gifts.
- Keep accurate records of gift inventory
- Organize toys according to age, gender and specialized items
- Greet and train volunteers in their toy store duties
- Assist with receiving toys from donors
- Support volunteers and staff in the selection, wrapping and organization of gifts
- Maintain clean and organized environment in Toy Store, restocking items as needed
- Assist with organizing gifts for delivery to children
- Assist with post season inventory and toy organization.
- Assist with post season clean-up of Toy Store
Qualifications and Demonstrated Skills:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to pay attention to detail.
- Superb interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team of various departments, teams, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to interact with volunteers and donors in a professional manner representing CityKidz well.
- Comfortable working in fast paced demanding environment.
- Ability to work weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma.
- Experience in customer service skills an asset.
- Experience with CityKidz an asset.
- A unique work experience which provides self-satisfaction and the opportunity to thrive by serving children and youth and their families living on the edge of poverty. An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team where you will be able to develop your skills and increase your knowledge of the profession.
- 35 hours / week full-time; contract (November 11, 2019 through January 11, 2019); $14 hourly rate of pay.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. For more information about CityKidz please visit www.citykidz.ca.
To Apply: Please apply by submitting a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 7384 ]