The Senior IT Support Specialist provides exceptional application support and technical assistance to end users by resolving and escalating IT support requests in a timely manner in the areas of hardware, software, and services, including the physical network and printers...
Children, Youth & Family Minister
Children, Youth & Family Minister
Vernon, British Columbia , V1T 6M1
We are an inclusive community of faith who know Jesus Christ is already very busy in the wider community, and longing for us as his church to catch up. We are looking for a Christ-centered someone to join our leadership team to help us to discover where and how best we are to engage with him in his work of justice, mercy, compassion, especially among a younger demographic. Please check us out on our website where we have a full position description. We would love you to contact us if you feel that you may be being called to apply for this position.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Work with the Lead Minister to establish & maintain a CYF Leadership Team. (2-4 hrs)
- Work with the Lead Minister and (to-be-established) CYF Leadership team to set priorities in terms of allocation of work hours and other resources. (5-10 hrs)
- Help re-imagine, develop, deliver and assess all aspects of CYF programs and curricula. Activities to include traditional UCC denominational and congregational events (e.g. VBS, camping, Evolve, as well as the development of partnerships with other existing and new community initiatives (e.g. Teen Junction). We are particularly excited about the idea of these community partnerships. (15-20 hrs)
- Develop, coordinate, recruit volunteers for CYF programs and activities. (2-3 hrs)
- Develop our unique Christian brand presence via social media (2-4 hrs)
- Collaborate with the (still to be finalized) shared Youth Ministry work for the Okanagan Corridor community (Vernon, Armstrong, Enderby, Salmon Arm) which will have direct impact on what evolves as the work of the Trinity CYF minister. We envision much collaboration and synergy. (1-3 hrs)
Qualifications & Working conditions
This is a full-time Congregational Designated Ministry position. This position functions from the TUC office, and will require attendance and participation in all aspects of CYF events as well as Sunday worship. The CYF minister will:
- Have deep understanding and commitment to the spiritual life and development of children and youth.
- Be grounded in a theological understanding of ministry with children and young families
- Have capacity and experience in educating other adults about the faith and spirituality of children and youth.
- Have experience in and knowledge of church school leadership, event planning, and youth and/or children’s group leadership. Passion and previous life experience may be considered as an alternative to formal training
- Have skills and experience in program planning, implementation, and evaluation, and group facilitation
- Have experience in making decisions about activities and procedures under guidance of the Lead Minister and in consultation with CYF Leadership Team
- Understand the responsibilities of a program leader regarding duty of care, confidentiality, and authority/trust
- Possess basic administrative skills – e.g. time management
- Be able to share a faith informed by Christian hope and openness to the Spirit
- Have understanding of Scripture and its authority within the United Church of Canada or at least a willingness to learn.
- Be prepared to join a fun, energetic ministry team in a well-equipped office, with access to their own study and a team of volunteers to assist in administration.
- Reporting Relationships:
The CYF ministry will develop organically as part of all TUC ministries, avoiding the creation of ‘silos’. The CYF Minister reports to, and is supervised by, the Lead Minister, who will oversee annual performance reviews with the assistance of the Personnel Committee. Appointment and termination are the responsibility of the Church Board.
All in accordance with the standards of Full Time Ministry as prescribed by the United Church of Canada. (Increments of salary and benefits, consistent with national United Church schedules, are to be determined by the Board, in consultation with the Lead Minister and the Personnel Committee
The CYF Minister shall
- Be led by the Spirit while welcoming and celebrating diversity.
- Display healthy boundaries and healthy practices in our relationships.
- Build, support and empower leadership from within our church and our community.
- Champion social justice while acting with social, economic and environmental consciousness
- Foster vibrant worship and spiritual practices while being open to other faith journeys
- Respect the traditions of The United Church of Canada
- Demonstrate accountable and transparent practices and decision making
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 7399 ]