Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Mark Masri. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 7th for 2 shows. Get your tickets before they are sold out.
Director of IT
Director of IT
Toronto, Ontario , M5S 2H1
Established in 1941, The Scott Mission is a Christian ministry serving the poor of our community. Currently we are looking to fill the position of Director of IT. The successful candidate will be part of a committed and dynamic staff community living out Christian faith through our ministry of compassion and love. Inspired by the Biblical story of the Good Samaritan, we serve the urban poor, motivated by our calling to show God’s love to all.
Position: Director, Information Technology
Department: Information Technology
Work Location: Mainly 502 Spadina Avenue, some travelling is required
Status: Full time, permanent
Start Date: TBD
Reporting to the Chief Transformation Officer, the Director, Information Technology’s overall goal is to create and lead an IT function that is an organizational strategic advantage in enabling The Scott Mission to execute well on its five-year strategic plan.
The Director of IT is responsible for the development of the IT vision, strategy and road map that supports the delivery of the Scott Mission’s 5-year strategic plan. This includes the creation of new, value-added assets to fulfill this strategy or replace or address gaps in the organization. This individual will supervise full-time and contract IT staff and provide technology related expertise and training to staff. S/he will be responsible for overall planning, organizing and execution of all IT functions at all Scott Mission locations (502 and 508 Spadina Ave, 1550 O’Connor Dr, Caledon Camp and Collingwood Retreat Center). This includes directing all IT operations to meet end-users’ requirements as well as support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work within and support The Scott Mission’s Christian Statement of Faith, Goals and Objectives.
- Lead the transformation of the IT function to where the Executive team perceives IT as a key partner in enabling substantial change and a driver of innovation, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop and maintain an IT strategy that supports and enables The Scott Mission’s transformational strategy formulating and executing new IT initiatives aligned with program and operational goals and objectives.
- Determine and build optimal team structure, location, skills and capabilities to ensure support and innovation for this growing organization; Provide leadership, motivation and direction to staff, enabling successful execution of IT operations and initiatives in support of the overall IT strategic plan.
- Provide internal project leadership to the development of a new MS Dynamics based operational support system and act as the key liaison with external developers.
- Ensure written documentation is created and maintained to include standard operating procedures, user and system manuals, license agreements and all documentation relating to modifications and upgrades.
- Determine the long-term application, data and systems needed to accomplish business objectives and manage the entire software applications portfolio on an ongoing basis.
- Establish governance processes to ensure that IT activities and projects intentionally align with strategic goals
- Prepare the annual information systems operating plan and budget (both operational and capital)
- Establish a risk management and response planning practise within IT
- Ensure that all IT projects are aligned with strategy; deliver their full planned scope on time and budget and within acceptable quality standards.
- Ensure that IT operations effectively serve the organization by delivering services of high quality and availability with established budgets.
- Ensure appropriate security measures are in place to protect information and systems and information assets.
- Oversee evaluation and selection of technology solutions to meet specified needs, working with consultants to analyze and recommend the proper technological approach (data bases, computer hardware and related operating systems, network, and telecommunications capabilities) and resources.
- Act as principal liaison with hardware, software, and service vendors; Negotiate and manage all vendor contracts for compliance with TSM requirements.
(Minimum qualifications and experience)
- Hold a solid and vibrant Christian faith. Regular attendance at a recognized church or worshipping community.
- Agree with and support The Scott Mission’s Statement of Faith, Goals and Objectives and Philosophy of Ministry.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or equivalent.
- 5 - 10 years of related work experience, with 3 or more in a management position.
- Industry experience with management of business applications such as ERPs, CRM, Intranet.
- Experience with developing cross functional systems, processes and their implementation.
- Industry certification or equivalent knowledge and experience in business analysis, project management, ITIL or equivalent
- Proven experience in leading an IT group, ideally within the not-for-profit sector
- In-depth understanding of information systems, platforms and new technologies and their capability to support business strategies and growth.
- Project management and business analysis experience or equivalent knowledge.
- Vendor management expertise; preparing RFPs (RFQs) and negotiating with vendors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, negotiation and dispute resolution skills, problem solving and leadership skills; Ability to motivate and possesses high emotional stability.
- A team player, able to closely collaborate with senior leadership, staff and stakeholders
- Extensive experience in running multiple IT platforms and applications; experience with implementation of IT integrations/change management in a large division or company.
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume with cover letter detailing how you meet the job requirements to: Joyce Kiu at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.
The Scott Mission welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Employment is conditional to results of Police Reference Check.
Posted Under: Information Technology
Career ID: [ 7444 ]