Join us on April 28, 2020 for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by Tyndale Faculty Gary V. Nelson, Helen Noh, Narry Santos, Rebecca Idestrom, James T. Robertson, Marilyn Draper, and Daniel Wong. Tickets available online. Early bird deadline is March 23, 2020.
Mississauga, Ontario , L5L 5M6
Who we are?
As part of the Evangelical Free Church of Canada, Hosanna started off with a couple of Cantonese speaking families in Oakville in the early 90’s. We are now a Chinese and English speaking church with about 110 congregants. The English speaking congregation is made up of multigenerational, family centred individuals seeking “to glorify God by expressing His love in community in the world made possible by Christ through the Holy Spirit”.
Some highlights of our demographics and ministries:
- Teenagers (5)
- Young Adult Fellowship (8)
- Family Fellowship (20 Adults, 22 kids)
- 40 Plus Fellowship (5)
Our Vision Statement:
"To be a praying and unified Community centered on the good news of Jesus Christ making disciples of all Nations through the power of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God.”
Our Current Situation:
Our family ministry is growing and our Children’s Ministry Rep is currently directing the whole children and youth program in Hosanna. We are prayerfully discerning and seeking for a pastor who can work alongside the team to build a structure to not just support the children, but also the parents to ensure the gospel is lived out in our homes, communities and workplaces.
Our English pastor is currently on sick leave. The ministry require as much spiritual support and guidance during this transitioning time.
We are searching for a Christian leader with a passion for teaching and discipling congregants the Gospel and live a Christ-centred life. The candidate must also be able to connect and minister to parents, leaders, as well as utilize the youth to help support the ministry when needed. The Family Pastor will be leading the following initiatives:
- Equip and lead a team to support the ministry.
- Support the team spiritually and work with them to develop programs and ideas.
- Provide advice on the safety policies for the children’s ministry.
- Develop vision for the ministry.
- Work with the leaders of the Children and Youth Ministry team to define goals
- Develop systems to allow the Ministry to grow in a healthy manner.
- Recruiting teachers and volunteers with proper background checks.
- Reach out to families in order to offer support in faith at home.
- Build relationships with parents and keep them engaged with what their children are doing and learning
- Work alongside with the church board and pastoral staff.
- Master’s of divinity degree.
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
- At least 2 years’ experience ministering to youth.
- A desire to teach and mentor youth in biblical truth.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 7462 ]