The Senior IT Support Specialist provides exceptional application support and technical assistance to end users by resolving and escalating IT support requests in a timely manner in the areas of hardware, software, and services, including the physical network and printers...
Director of Marketing
Director of Marketing
effect:hope, The Leprosy Mission Canada is a Christian international development organization focused on serving people affected by neglected tropical diseases. We work primarily in India, Southeast Asia and Africa. We empower the world’s most neglected people to overcome disease, stigma, poverty, and isolation so that they can help others to do the same.
Reporting to the CEO/Executive Director, the Director of Marketing is responsible for planning, developing and executing comprehensive marketing programs that position effect:hope to both accomplish its mission and grow its impact. You will support the implementation of a variety of online and offline communication initiatives and engagement strategies from conception through to execution with the objective of increasing donor engagement and funding from existing and new market segments. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic team player who is passionate about making a real difference in the lives of people around the world.
This position is based in Markham, Ontario, and will involve some travel within Canada as well as occasional international travel.
- Assist the CEO/Executive Director in a range of responsibilities that include strategic positioning, public relations, and corporate communications and brand development
- Develop and deliver the annual marketing and communications plan in support of effect:hope’s strategic objectives. Meet with internal clients to review project and departmental objectives to incorporate plans that support these objectives
- Establish an annual budget for marketing and communications, and monitor marketing programs and activities against budget
- Work with Senior Management to lead the development of key messages in keeping with effect:hope’s unique value proposition and ensure consistency of the brand voice in all communications and marketing channels both online and offline
- Work collaboratively with organizational leaders to develop strong advertising, communications and community engagement strategies that promote effect:hope to prospective supporters and consistently engage existing donors
- Lead the team in executing initiatives using social media and other forms of digital media to innovate and grow donor engagement and increase brand recognition with new donor segments
- Analyze campaign metrics, continually evaluate program effectiveness in meeting campaign targets, and monitor all effect:hope communication for brand alignment, identity and consistency
- Provide oversight and guidance to the ongoing activities of major program areas: Direct Mail, Digital Engagement, Brand Development, Resource Development, Events, Annual Report, and Gift Catalogue as well as other activities that are developed from time to time
- Work closely with Director of Development to ensure that marketing and fundraising activities are integrated and accomplishing organizational goals
- Participate as a member of the Senior Management team to monitor and evaluate performance to budget and operating plan goals, set direction for effect:hope, coordinate interdepartmental activities, and enhance community engagement
- Oversee the organization’s working relationships with several longstanding suppliers to achieve effect:hope’s aggressive and growing revenue goals
- Ensure that all staff understand and can articulate the brand message and ensure integration of the message throughout the organization
- Manage external, third party providers to deliver content, resources and product in support of the marketing function and mission objectives
- Personally represent the mission and its brand
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree in marketing, communications, public relations or a related field
- 7-10 years marketing experience in increasingly senior positions
- Visionary leader, with strong people development skills and ability to mobilize and motivate a team
- Experience with communications planning, public relations, graphic design, social media, and direct response
- Excellent communication and presentation skills across multiple mediums
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously, develop work plans, and deliver quality work, on time and within budgetary guidelines
- Demonstrated capacity for strategic planning and analysis; a demonstrated ability to formulate plans to meet and exceed past results
- Resourceful self-starter who can work independently, values the power of working collaboratively, and with the ability to lead projects while being collaborative and team-oriented
- Must demonstrate excellent judgment, flexibility and the ability to work effectively and calmly in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of philanthropy a definite asset
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to staff, donors and stakeholders of all ages and backgrounds
- Has a high comfort level with social media, and is actively engaged in a number of its vehicles
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
CHRISTIAN COMMITMENT: effect:hope is a Christian mission with a donor base that is primarily of the Christian faith. Candidates must be comfortable with this position and be willing to work in this environment with a broad range of Christian perspectives.
COMPENSATION: effect:hope offers competitive salary and benefits as well as an environment deeply committed to professional and personal growth. If you are interested in being part of a growing, supportive and fast-paced Christian environment, we would welcome your application.
Please send application with cover letter by Dec. 15, 2019 to email@example.com.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 7489 ]