Join us for a day with Shane Claiborne. Come be inspired, challenged and refreshed as Shane invites us to explore the transforming power of downward mobility. Early Bird tickets available until January 31, 2020. Presented by Henri Nouwen Society & Tyndale Spiritual Formation Centre.
On-call Supply Staff
On-call Supply Staff
Oshawa, Ontario , L1G 2X1
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Work with children ages 2.5 – 4 years of age on an on-call basis
- Be available to work mornings on short notice
- Assist in providing individual and group activities within a pre-school classroom setting;
- Assist in program preparation and materials;
- Collaborate with classroom team regarding child’s progress, behavioural plans, strategies and techniques;
- Be able to observe, hear, and respond to the needs of children and emergencies or conflicts that might occur in the classroom, during transitions and in the gym.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supply Staff Skills and Qualifications:
- Love for Christ and desire to spread that love to others, particularly children and their families
- Training, Education and/or Working experience in a child-related field
- Knowledge of child development
- Working knowledge of Child Care and Early Years Act and ELECT programming and How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years an asset
- Registered Early Childhood Educators (preferred)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and observation skills to identify students’ needs/difficulties
- Ability and willingness to assist children with varying physical, social and/or emotional needs as required
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work mornings from 8:30 – 11:45am on short notice
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40lbs
- Able to crouch to a child’s height; to sit on the floor;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Mandatory Requirements upon Hire:
- Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search
- First Aid and CPR certified
- Health Assessment (Two step TB test)
- Successful candidates need to be committed to Calvary’s values, mission and principles of Christian living including full agreement with Calvary’s Statement of Faith
Posted Under: Education
Career ID: [ 7503 ]