The Senior IT Support Specialist provides exceptional application support and technical assistance to end users by resolving and escalating IT support requests in a timely manner in the areas of hardware, software, and services, including the physical network and printers...
International Master Projects Developer & Writer
International Master Projects Developer & Writer
The Master Project Developer & Writer will be:
A catalyst in resourcing SIM ministries globally.
A facilitator of the development and fundraising ministries of SIM offices.
A networker between fundraisers and ministry/project leaders.
A coordinator of select Global Master Projects, working with participating ministries/projects.
- Develop master projects by combining existing smaller projects into a collective project that enables fundraising efforts for major donors to support these projects and ministries.
- Write and package new global projects for fundraising purposes in a manner that is evident to fundraisers and donors.
- Coordinate the development of relevant reports and evaluations useful for fundraisers in communicating with donors.
- Facilitate mutually beneficial relationships and collaborative initiatives between fundraisers and project or ministry leaders.
- Coordination of select Global Master Projects, working with participating project managers and supporting SIM project management policy, principles and practices.
Vision and strategy
TO SEE AN INCREASED PARTICIPATION AND PARTNERSHIP OF DONORS GLOBALLY AROUND SIM STRATEGIC GLOBAL INITIATIVES.
- Create a vehicle for donors to partner with SIM’s strategic global initiatives and promote continued engagement through regular, relevant communications on ministry reports and evaluations.
Master Project Writing
GOAL: SELECT MINISTRIES ARE PACKAGED AND WRITTEN IN A WAY THAT ENGAGES DONORS WITH GLOBAL INITIATIVE.
- Write and edit select global master projects and ministry documents that will provide information to fundraisers for donors or foundations, ensuring the language and information is appropriate and helpful to the donors.
- Research the information that is needed by fundraisers or that donors are requiring and adapt documents to include this information.
- Assess the type of information required by potential donors and partners.
- Produce working drafts of documents for fundraisers quickly.
- Collaborate with fundraisers and leaders on ministry needs and donor engagement.
- Be a liaison linking fundraisers with ministry leaders.
Master Project Development And Coordination
GOAL: SELECT MASTER PROJECTS ARE DEVELOPED AROUND THE STRATEGIC INITIATIVES OF SIM, ENABLING DONORS TO PARTNER WITH THESE GLOBAL MINISTRIES.
GOAL: SEE THAT THESE GLOBAL MASTER PROJECTS ARE MANAGED WELL, WITH COMPLIACNCE TO SIM POLICY PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICES AND PROVIDE GOOD AND UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION TO FUNDRAISERS AND DONORS.
- Serve as writer and coordinator for each select Global Master Project.
- In coordination with Ministry Leaders, Project Managers and Country Project Coordinators, comply with SIM Principles & Practices in the areas of projects, finance, communications and Mission Policy.
- Organize a committee that allocates funds received in each select Master Project.
- Ensure compliance with project reporting, evaluation and renewals.
Status Reporting For Donors
GOAL: FUNDRAISERS HAVE ACCESS TO TIMELY AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION ON THESE MASTER PROJECTS FOR DONOR ENGAGEMENT.
- Ensure quality and timely narrative and financial reports of master projects.
- Hold ministry leaders accountable for quarterly reporting to donors, as well as the normal semi-annual reports through the SIM system and ensure that a record of each report is logged and stored accordingly.
- Provide professional expertise in editing so the reports are suitable for fundraisers to present to donors.
- Timely and frequent reporting is essential for donor relations. When reports are delayed, may need to travel and work with local leaders in ministry locations to gather information needed for reporting.
GOAL: AS A CATALYST AND COORDINATOR, PROVIDE CONSULTANCY TO LEADERS AND PROJECT MANAGERS ON THE DEVELOPMENT AND WRITING OF MASTER PROJECTS AROUND SIM STRATEGIC INITIATIVES.
- Work with the SIM leadership to bundle and package ministries.
- When requested, provide creative suggestions on presentation of materials.
Personal Well-Being and Development
Goal: SET AN EXAMPLE IN THE PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT AND WELL-BEING.
- Invest time and energy in personal spiritual vitality and well-being.
- Make personal learning and development a priority.
- Commitment to the ethos, Doctrinal Statement and Purpose & Mission of SIM
- Commitment to making disciple and seeing SIM leaders and workers live as true disciples of Jesus Christ
- University degree in communications, business, project management, or related field
- Experience in project writing and project management principles, including planning, evaluation and compliance
- Ability to write in such a way that provides the necessary balance factually, emotionally and practically
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects towards deadlines
- Willingness to collaborate with other Master Project Managers
- Availability to communicate across time zones
- Ability to understand and interpret financial statements
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as on a team
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Willingness to seek support or raise funds for SIM
- Mastery of documentation tools such as MS Office and Excel. Presentation software such as PowerPoint, Illustrator, Publisher or Prezi
- Experience in cross-cultural relationships and ability to work collaboratively across cultures
- Experience in ministry leadership and/or project management in an NGO helpful
- Marketing or donor relations experience
- Working knowledge of at least one other language used in SIM (e.g. French, Spanish, Mandarin, Korean, German, etc.)
- Communications or journalism experience
- Proposal and grant writing experience for non-profit organizations
- Experience in Christian missions a plus
- Anywhere SIM is present, with reliable internet connection.
- International travel is required.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 7510 ]