The Senior IT Support Specialist provides exceptional application support and technical assistance to end users by resolving and escalating IT support requests in a timely manner in the areas of hardware, software, and services, including the physical network and printers...
Social Services Worker
Social Services Worker
Brampton, Ontario , L6V 1N9
Regeneration Outreach Community is a community of caring persons who, as an expression of Christian love in action, are continually striving to provide dignity to the lives of all those in need. We operate seven days a week bringing healing, personal growth and spiritual awareness to those in need within a safe and caring environment.
Our Social Services Worker will “begin where the guest is” by working to assess the areas of need, and develop, implement and facilitate groups. The role will focus on relationship building - not just with our guests but also within the professional community, to promote and inform about Regeneration and to engage them in helping our guests to wholeness.
- Assist those guests that come in during programming with crisis situations as they arise (supportive counseling, connecting with other community resources.
- Supporting guests where needed
- Dealing with Crisis situations with guests
- Attending court/lawyer’s meetings, case conferences as required
- One to one meetings with guests
- Coordinate application of rehab intake.
- Attending community meetings when necessary
- Develop strategies with staff to help guests to improve their overall wellbeing.
- Maintain proper records on guests.
- Represent Regeneration when required (i.e. presentations, booths, etc.)
Reports to Director of Operations
- Registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers
- Minimum two years experience.
- Reliable team player
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills, attentiveness and common sense
- Strong communication skills and the ability to listen
- Enthusiastic, eclectic, flexible and adaptable.
- Up to date Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
Hours – Regular Hours – Monday to Friday 7 am to 3 pm. You may be required to work some weekends and statutory holidays.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 7514 ]