The Senior IT Support Specialist provides exceptional application support and technical assistance to end users by resolving and escalating IT support requests in a timely manner in the areas of hardware, software, and services, including the physical network and printers...
Finance Director - Coach
Finance Director - Coach
Whitby, Ontario , L1N 8P9
This role will focus on managing the finances in the district as well as assisting the elder boards in our districts. This person will work closely with the treasurers to ensure, efficient and healthy management of finances in our district.
- Approved by the District Executive Committee, hired by the District Superintendent
- Reports directly to the District Superintendent and to DEXCOM by way of monthly reports
Skills / Experience Required
- Knowledge/experience with charitable organization accounting / understands Alliance local church protocol.
- Proven competence in an accounting/finance directing.
- Working knowledge of relevant computer financial systems
Function as the Finance Director of the District including the following finance responsibilities:
- Prepare and supervise issuance of donation receipts for Income Tax purpose.
- Financial accounting, bookkeeping, and cheque preparation
- Prepare annual forecasts after consultation with the DS and team, anticipating needs, difficulties, and costs savings strategies.
- Preparation and filing of the annual federal charities return, T4, T4A, T4 summaries, HST returns and any other statutory filing requirements.
- Supervise District Group Benefits Administration.
- Laisse with bankers, legal counsellors, District Auditors, District benefit plan brokers and managers, government departments (all levels), management of other Alliance districts and NMC.
- Prepare financial reports for the D.S., District Treasurer, DEXCOM, District Finance committee as required. Complete any further financial reports/analysis as required by same.
- Assist external auditors to ensure timely preparation of annual financial reports and follow up.
- Review and develop any general procedures to ensure proper internal controls are in place.
- Review and develop internal accounting procedures to correspond with GAAP.
- Assist the DS in the development of effective and fair policies relating to staffing and compensation.
- Negotiate contracts with Vendors
- Work closely with our Condos Corporation Directors, provide suggestions on Condos projects and attend annual Condos owners meeting.
- Ensure compliance with the regulations and requirements of Canada Revenue Agency for Charities. Keep current on not-for-profit, charitable sector financial management and accounting standards by monitoring new regulations, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and participating in appropriate professional organizations.
- Resource person for Church Treasurers and Bookkeepers by giving leadership and teaching to their accounting and financial concerns by providing direction, information and material to Treasurers, Bookkeepers, Pastors and Board of Elders to assist them in understanding their financial responsibilities. Assisting churches with developing financial policies in compliance with Canada Revenue Agency.
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 7531 ]