Join us for a day with Shane Claiborne. Come be inspired, challenged and refreshed as Shane invites us to explore the transforming power of downward mobility. Early Bird tickets available until January 31, 2020. Presented by Henri Nouwen Society & Tyndale Spiritual Formation Centre.
Praise and Worship Leader
Praise and Worship Leader
Grimsby, Ontario , L3M 1E8
The Praise and Worship Leader is a part time position with the ministry of planning, preparing and leading the Sunday morning blended worship service. The ministry’s purpose is to create an atmosphere to connect with all generations and to draw the congregation into corporate worship. Part of this ministry will include encouraging the participation in music ministry of individuals within the church body, allowing development of their musical and leadership gifts.
- A born again believer in Jesus Christ who is in agreement with our church’s beliefs and doctrines
- Ability to plan, prepare, and lead worship services with a heart to serve God and minister to others using your music ministry.
- Proficient in leading worship with strong vocal ability
- Proficient in piano or guitar with some experience in accompanying instrumental groups preferred.
- Knowledge of a variety of different church music styles.
- Team player with good relational skills and ability to communicate and collaborate well with a variety of personality types.
- Planning, preparing and leading Sunday morning worship service at 10:30am to 12:00pm. Sunday mornings present prior to the service for warm up and sound check as needed.
- Direct a weekday evening worship team practice that both prepares for the Sunday service and develops new music to be introduced to the congregation.
- Attend a weekly staff meeting and develop a weekly order of service in coordination with the senior pastor and communicate it in advance to the members of the praise and tech teams.
- Work with the sound technicians to ensure that the sound system and PowerPoint presentation software are working properly and ready for the service.
- Recruit and/or develop new musicians, singers and tech team members sufficient to carry out the weekly needs of the service and to prepare for future needs.
- Solo special performances are welcome but not required. Other opportunities such as playing for weddings and funerals may occur which will be optional and reimbursed independently by the parties involved.
Terms of Service
- Permanent, part-time, salaried position. The Worship Leader/ Pianist is hired by the music committee and the senior pastor. Compensation to the employee will include a wage of: $25 CDN / hour.
- 10 to 14 hours per week
- Unpaid vacation to a maximum of five weeks per year to be pre-arranged with a minimum 14 day notice to the music committee.
This position reports to the pastoral staff and to the music committee.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 7547 ]