Join us for a day with Shane Claiborne. Come be inspired, challenged and refreshed as Shane invites us to explore the transforming power of downward mobility. Early Bird tickets available until January 31, 2020. Presented by Henri Nouwen Society & Tyndale Spiritual Formation Centre.
Welcome Desk Host / Administrator
Welcome Desk Host / Administrator
Toronto, Ontario , M2N 3B6
Welcome desk operating hours: Monday – Friday, 8am – 8pm, Saturdays 8 – 4pm
The full time Welcome Desk Host/Administrator is the first point of contact of The Peoples Church and acts as a host to all visitors during operating hours. He/she must be a team player and a multi-tasker who thrives on radical hospitality and display excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. In addition, he/she will have exemplary communication skills and will have demonstrated a caring/compassionate attitude towards all.
He/she will be responsible for graciously welcoming visitors from various cultural backgrounds, answering and referring inbound telephone calls, filtering online inquiries, directing visitors to program locations within the building, answering general questions, and assisting with maintaining the Prayer list for The Peoples Church. He/she will also be required to work on projects and fulfill other administrative duties using the church database, MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Event Management system.
- Present a positive and professional image of The Peoples Church to all visitors, vendors, inquiries, and other interactions
- Courteously receive and screen all inbound telephone calls, e-mails, and visitors to The Peoples Church; refer and/or redirect calls, e-mails, or visitors as applicable
- Stay informed of current Peoples church programs and communication from all the departments to assist general public and/or guests from The Peoples community.
- Acknowledge all inquiries received through Connection Cards, Visitor Centre forms, messages received by fax and messages to the general inbox and redirect them to the appropriate staff member for a formal response
- Assist the Welcome Desk Coordinator and other team members as required
- Maintain coffee / tea service in the café
- Maintain “kid-zone” in the café
Serve as a core administrator for other ministries by completing assigned tasks but not limited to:
- Answering queries and advising partners and leaders of cultural groups and Newcomers Network programs about the use of our facilities and or resources after getting the approval from Ministry Leads and Events Manager.
- Inputting, modifying and or cancelling bookings in EMS (Event Management System) for partners, cultural groups and Newcomers network
- Corresponding with partners, and leaders of cultural groups and Newcomers Network programs about bookings and events; and coordinating with Food services coordinator, property team and Technical ministry to request/cancel/edit resources in EMS
- Providing administrative support by utilizing the church management system as needed
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Must have a deep growing personal faith in Jesus Christ and support with the Statement of Faith of The Peoples Church
- At least 3 years’ experience in an administrative function
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of computers, and relevant software applications is a must (Microsoft office suite- Word, Excel, outlook, and power point
- Basic working knowledge of database management
- At least 2-4 years’ experience in customer service
- Comfortable working with vulnerable populations, willingness to learn and employ de-escalation skills
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential
- Can work independently as well as part of a team
- Quick to anticipate needs and proven ability to problem solve
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize various tasks in a busy and changing environment
- Vulnerability Sector Screening must be completed
- Variable working hours including occasional evenings and weekends
- Attend The Peoples Church
- Support The Peoples Church shared mandate, Statement of Faith & Lifestyle Principles
The Peoples Church is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR Director of the accommodation measures, if required, which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Qualified applicants are invited to forward their résumés in pdf format and reference # WADMIN20 to:
Attn: Hiring Manager
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 7549 ]