Join us for a day with Shane Claiborne. Come be inspired, challenged and refreshed as Shane invites us to explore the transforming power of downward mobility. Early Bird tickets available until January 31, 2020. Presented by Henri Nouwen Society & Tyndale Spiritual Formation Centre.
Whitby , Ontario
Immanuel Christian School is an intimate school focused on our mission: To educate, equip, and encourage our students. We are currently looking hiring for a like minded business manager. The role, business manager, is responsible for leadership of all business and non-educational aspects of running the school. Focusing on both internal and external marketing, an integral aspect of the role is working with the school board’s recruitment and retention committee to maintain and increase the number of families enrolled at the school, as well as developing community relationships for the future the school. Other responsibilities of the business manager include financial and business leadership in creating and operating within budgets, creating and sustaining relationships with relevant community stakeholders, ensuring efficient operation of facilities, and the managing all non-educational staff.
- Education – although not a mandatory requirement, the candidate will be evaluated upon the level of relevant education they bring to the school.
- Experience – the candidate should have extensive experience in finance (knowledge of Quickbooks is an asset), management, sales and marketing, administrative leadership and experience in similar Christian/business environments. HR experience will also be seen as an asset, as well as an understanding of the Ministry of Transportation needs required for buses.
- Professional Leadership– the candidate should be capable of demonstrating leadership in the following capacities:
- Financial Leadership
- Management and responsibility for the school’s financial resources
- Creating ambitious but reasonable targets along with action plans to reach them
- Management of day-to-day financial needs of the school
- Ability to lead in future Capital Campaigns and future projects
- Administrative Leadership
- Training and mentoring of key, non-educational staff,
- Working with key school contract workers to ensure adequate standards are met
- To oversee all our Ministry of Transportation requirements for our bus/vans
- To oversee all facility maintenance and responsibilities and appropriate relationships
- To work closely with our Principal of Education to move the school forward to its next steps.
- Familiarity with developing and maintaining a business plan
- Board Leadership
- Keeping the board informed
- Appreciating the board’s vision and implementing strategies to work towards it
- Marketing and Sales Leadership
- Building relationships with outside community members, religious organizations, local governments and businesses
- Recruitment of new families to the school, and fostering an environment for retention
- Leadership in the Creation of Policy and Standards
- Working closely with the board to ensure the schools existing policies and standards are consistently adhered to
- Identifying areas for the creation of new policies and standards to the benefit of the school
- Community Leadership
- Fostering a sense of community amongst internal stakeholders such as students, parents, grandparents and staff
If you have any questions, and or believe that you may be our ideal candidate, please send your resume and your statement of faith to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 7553 ]