Join us for a day with Shane Claiborne. Come be inspired, challenged and refreshed as Shane invites us to explore the transforming power of downward mobility. Early Bird tickets available until January 31, 2020. Presented by Henri Nouwen Society & Tyndale Spiritual Formation Centre.
Etobicoke, Ontario , M9C 2Y9
This role provides administrative support to the various activities of Renforth Baptist Church, including communication, finance and database management, and various clerical duties. This position consists of roughly half administrative and half bookkeeping duties, working closely with the lead pastor, treasurer, and various volunteers.
This is a part-time position of 15 hours per week, remuneration depending on experience.
Role and Responsibilities
- Receive invoices and process payments, record payments and prepare and send out checks
- Record weekly offerings
- Prepare financial reports and budget analysis
- Perform reception duties over the phone and in person as required
- Maintain database for church roll and routine filing of paperwork
- Prepare documents and complete follow up from scheduling meetings as required
- Provide administrative support to members of the team
- Maintain legal/church records of marriages and deaths
- Maintain office supplies on behalf of all staff and volunteers
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment
- Prepare Sunday bulletins and special/seasonal newsletters in collaboration with pastoral staff, ministerial staff (for content) and volunteers as needed (for production)
- Occasionally print music sheets for musicians, as required, using SongSelect
- Weekly preparation of slides in Easy Worship, for Sunday services
- Prepare and print large print song sheets weekly
- Other miscellaneous office and administrative tasks as requested by the lead pastor
- Post-secondary education in a business, secretarial/administrative discipline or equivalent experience
- A demonstrated understanding of privacy legislation and maintaining confidentiality is essential
- Experience in a church setting or similar non-profit organization is a significant asset
- Experience in Communications/External Relations is an asset
- Experience in use of Sage 50 accounting software and related data entry, printing of financial reports and budget analysis is desirable
- Familiarity with various communication tools (correspondence, flyers, newsletters, annual reports, telephone messaging, calendars etc) is desirable
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Sound organizational and time management skills, with an ability to prioritize and carry out multiple tasks to strict deadlines
- Ability to consistently produce accurate reliable work
About Renforth Church
We are a historic church (est. 1838) situated in Etobicoke (corner of Burnhamthorpe Rd. and Renforth Dr.), affiliated with the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec. We currently have an average weekly attendance of about 40-60 people and are a diverse community reflecting the demographics of Etobicoke. Our vision and mission is to equip followers of Christ to impact their communities and world for Christ.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to lead pastor, Dr. Dave Yoon (email@example.com).
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 7556 ]