Join us for a day with Shane Claiborne. Come be inspired, challenged and refreshed as Shane invites us to explore the transforming power of downward mobility. Early Bird tickets available until January 31, 2020. Presented by Henri Nouwen Society & Tyndale Spiritual Formation Centre.
Guest Relations Specialist
Guest Relations Specialist
Scarborough, Ontario , M1W 3Y5
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau. We specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages.
- Reports to: Guest Relations Manager
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Location: 20 Bamburgh Circle, Scarborough, ON (please note – this position moves to our Resort in Rosseau, ON during the summer months)
To assist in preparing both our customers and staff for life-changing summer experiences through unmatched service, clear communication, and diligent follow-through of key tasks. The role advocates for our customers' best interests, and Muskoka Woods’ best solutions. The Guest Relations Specialist will track with customers during and after the registration process, providing support and answering questions across various mediums (in person, over the phone, email, live chat). The position is responsible for administrating all tasks pertaining to registration and parent preparation before camp and during the summer.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Customer Service
- Care for our customers by providing prompt support and solutions on the topics of registration, activity schedules, payment, transportation, account changes
- Maintain excellent customer relationships and serve out of an ‘above and beyond’ mindset
- Manage the camp registration system (Circuitree) by reflecting changes and relationships
- Communicate with all customers and special groups regarding their child(ren)s registration, ensuring account completion ahead of arrival
- Coordinate and maintain waiting lists for programs
- Ensure any and all customer issues are resolved in a smooth and timely manner
- Occasionally attend events or trade shows to answer customer questions and help promote Muskoka Woods
- Preparation for Summer Camp
- Prepare all accounts and families for summer camp by ensuring payment and communication has been received
- Follow-up is completed promptly and clearly after every customer interaction
- Assist in interviewing, hiring and training seasonal Guest Relations Assistants
- Lead and provide support to seasonal staff in accomplishing their objectives and goals
- Assist in training on Circuitree and customer service for seasonal staff
- Ensure accurate and safe accounting for all guests’ arrival on Super Saturday
- Prepare and deliver on-time, accurate reports to Summer Team and Directors
- Provide support to the Transportation Coordinator to ensure safe travel for all guests to and from camp on Saturdays
- Assist Summer Directors in creating and administrating solutions for guest related issues that arise in the summer
- Special projects as outlined by the Guest Relations Manager
- Work cross departmentally to collaborate in creating customer solutions
- Participate in and lead meetings
- Participate in corporate meetings such as Town Hall and the Annual Retreat
- Participate in ministry initiatives such as one-to-ones and Cadence
- Personal and Professional development
Skills & Abilities required:
- Excellent listening and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Can problem solve under pressure with confidence
- Excellent interpersonal skills and has a team-oriented mindset
- Detail oriented with strong administrative skills
- High energy and positive attitude
- Customer service minded to serve both youth and adults
- Ability to adapt to change promptly and positively
- Highly motivated, goal-driven and self–starter with capability of managing projects through completion with minimum supervision
- Passion for youth ministry, the camping industry and leadership development
- Personal values that match Muskoka Woods’ Core Values and Core Leaves
- Related College/University degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with credit card transactions and basic accounting
- Proficient using Excel, Word and Google Drive
- 2 – 3 years of summer camp experience or the equivalent in working with youth is preferred
- Ability to maintain calm and problem solve in stressful or distracting circumstances
- Ability to sit, talk, hear, see and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- Ability to communicate both written and verbal with guests and staff.
- Able to stand, walk and work for 8 to 10 hours a day in the summer months
- Possess physical and mental strength and endurance to maintain constant attention and diligence for the families we serve
- This position is located in the Toronto office for 10 months of the year and then relocates to our summer camp in Rosseau, Ontario. Room and Board is provided.
- This position has a 6 day/week work schedule for the summer months. Time in lieu is given after the summer the months
Please forward all cover letters and resumes and inquiries to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in Muskoka Woods!
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 7557 ]