Vaughan, Ontario , L4H 2Z7
Report to: Pastor-in-charge of Church Planting Ministry
Vaughan Christian Community Church (VCCC) is a young and dynamic church, meeting in the heart of Vaughan, one of the fastest growing cities in Canada. The city of Vaughan has a population over 350,000 with 5 to 6% of them are Chinese-speaking immigrants and their children. VCCC currently offers Mandarin worship services, Cantonese worship services and children and youth Sunday School. We plan to launch the English ministry in the future.
A faithful lead pastor who has strong passion to lead the church to grow to a healthy, three languages church, focusing on worshipping, caring, evangelism, cultivating and serving, with the intention to incorporate the church and in future, to complete a building project.
- Strong calling from God to lead a Multi-cultural, Multi-lingual and multi-generational (3M), missional church for all people groups as part of the Association of Christian Evangelical Ministries (ACEM).
- Love God, spirit-led and able to stand firm for the truth
- People-oriented, humble with big heart, caring and good listener
- Be honest and humble
- Able to lead a staff and leadership team through coaching and mentoring; team builder and servant leader
- Willing to learn of leading a global PEACE church with national and global influence.
- Visionary and skilled in translating vision into results.
- Able to preach biblical truth well and lead the church through the pulpit.
- Able to lead people to Christ. Solid track record of fruit-bearing ministry in a church.
- Able to thrive in our culture: North American, 3M Consensus building, ACEM.
- Able to cultivate, collaborative relationship with Vaughan Ministry Committee (VMC) and staff
- Learn to be mutual submissive and in unity.
- 3+ years ‘experience in leading, shepherding or planting a local church.
- Able to work in Canada
- Seminary education is required with Master in Divinity or higher education.
- Language skills: Able to speak three languages (Mandarin, English and Cantonese). Fluent in Mandarin is essential. Be able to read and write Chinese and English.
Working conditions: Regular office hours, evening, and weekend duty.
Direct reports to this position: Pastors and Pastoral Intern(s).
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 7572 ]