Join us for a day with Shane Claiborne. Come be inspired, challenged and refreshed as Shane invites us to explore the transforming power of downward mobility. Early Bird tickets available until January 31, 2020. Presented by Henri Nouwen Society & Tyndale Spiritual Formation Centre.
London, Ontario , N6G 5C9
- Denomination: Fellowship of Evangelical Churches in Canada
- Weekly Attendance: 1100
- Location: London, Ontario Canada
The Associate Pastor of Student Ministries oversees all aspects of our ministries to Jr. High (grades 6-8), and High School (grades 9-12). We are looking for a Canadian resident. He is called to carry out the mission, vision, and strategy of West Park Church among our students.
Meet WestPark Church
We are a multicultural group of everyday people on a journey together pursuing Christ. We honour God together by growing as authentic Christ followers. We love our community and our city. WestPark church began in 1961 with a group who met in a living room. Now we have a fantastic facility on a huge piece of property right in the heart of Northwest London.
About Our Youth Ministry
We run programs on Tuesday nights for Jr High, and Wednesday nights for Sr. High, and a Jr. High program on Sundays during the teaching time. There are approximately 70 students who attend these services weekly, and there is lots of potential to reach more. We have a volunteer leadership team of 17 leaders who are highly committed to the students and who will offer great support to the next youth Pastor. God has been doing great things in the lives of the students over the past few years and we are looking forward to what is ahead.
Youth Pastor Will Oversee...
All aspects of our ministries to Jr. High (grades 6-8), High School (grades 9-12).
- Casting and carrying out the mission, vision, and strategy of West Park among our students.
- Creating ministry programming (mid-week and weekend) that encompasses worship, discipleship, fellowship, evangelism, and service components.
- Functioning as the “public face” of student ministries.
- Developing strong volunteer teams of both adult and student leaders through ongoing recruiting, equipping, motivating, and evaluating.
- Designing and/or selecting relevant, age-appropriate, and biblical teaching themes/curriculum.
- Teaching regularly in various settings within our student ministries.
- Giving oversight to the planning and coordination of all social events.
- Providing pastoral care/counsel to students, parents, and ministry leaders.
- Encouraging students to participate actively in the larger life of the church.
- Managing any student ministry interns and/or co-op students.
- Partnering with our children and adult ministry departments to initiate a coordinated approach to equipping parents as they raise their families.
What You Bring:
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- A deep passion and desire to work with youth
- Proven ability to lead and communicate effectively in both small and large groups.
- Solid organizational and administrative skills.
- Full-time work experience (>5 years) in student ministries in a local church.
- Formal post-secondary education in biblical/theological/ministry studies preferred.
- Graphic design and audio-visual skills is an asset.
- Clear testimony of saving faith in Jesus Christ.
- Authentic lifestyle demonstrating consistent character and spiritual growth.
- Unreserved commitment to West Park’s doctrine, mission, vision, and strategy https://www.westparkchurch.ca/vision
- Strong desire to work in a collaborative environment.
- Exceptional leadership and relational abilities.
- Demonstrated passion for and understanding of students and families.
- Strong team player.
What's it like to live in London Ontario?
London is a Canadian city in southwestern Ontario, just north of Lake Erie and close to the U.S. border. The City is located along the 401 corridor in between Detroit and Toronto. London’s population is about 281 000 people and it growing. It's home to the University of Western Ontario. The city centre features numerous parks and greenways along the Thames River.
There are many things to do in London and it is a great city to live in.
Do you think you are a good fit for this role?
Become a candidate by reading the full Job Description
and send your information to email@example.com
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 7575 ]