Join us for a day with Shane Claiborne. Come be inspired, challenged and refreshed as Shane invites us to explore the transforming power of downward mobility. Early Bird tickets available until January 31, 2020. Presented by Henri Nouwen Society & Tyndale Spiritual Formation Centre.
Toronto , Ontario , M4v1x4
Grace Church on-the-hill, Toronto, Ontario seeks an Associate Priest.
Requirements: Experienced ordained priest in good standing within the Anglican Communion, with a Master of Divinity degree or equivalent from an accredited theological school.
Responsible to: Area bishop, Vestry, Incumbent.
The Associate Priest provides a senior leadership role alongside the Incumbent in this historic, multi-staff parish. She/He brings vision, energy, and deep commitment to priestly ministry and, in collaboration with the staff, helps empower and guide educational and various lay ministries. Because this ministry is deeply relational, we seek a priest of pastoral warmth and spiritual depth who is a gifted leader, preacher, and communicator.
WHO WE ARE: Grace Church on-the-hill is an active, diverse, well-established, multi-staff parish in mid-town Toronto.Outreach and Stewardship are key components of our ministry, supporting various projects locally, nationally, and internationally. Currently three resettled refugee families are being sustained. The parish enjoys a vibrant musical tradition, excellent choirs, and hosts many musical events. Our liturgical tradition is ‘broad church’ and choral (plainsong, Palestrina, Mozart, Howells, to Jazz and Gospel), aided by a variety of voices and preaching styles. The parish, which runs a major Child Care Centre, has a long and close affiliation with The Bishop Strachan Girls School. Lay ministry and learning, inclusion and hospitality, are highly valued and encouraged, as is collaboration with local community groups. The parish fosters weekly child and adult learning, ALPHA courses, and seasonal enrichments running every Sunday morning.
- Lead and participate in the liturgical life of the parish, regularly presiding, preaching and sharing in baptisms, weddings, funerals, etc. as well as providing pastoral care.
- Collaborate with clergy, staff and lay leaders in planning, coordinating, and organizing parish activities and programs.
- Participate in parish committees and supervise ongoing Christian education and formation programs with a focus on young adults.
- Identify, recruit, and develop lay leaders for various ministries
- Play an active role in nurturing mature discipleship and ongoing catechesis around sacraments, scripture, and Anglican tradition.
Next steps: send your resume with cover letter to the attention of “The Churchwardens” at GCOTH, 300 Lonsdale Rd., Toronto M4V 1X4, or by email to the Administrator - Cleonard @ Gracechurchonthehill.ca
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 7584 ]