Join us for a day with Shane Claiborne. Come be inspired, challenged and refreshed as Shane invites us to explore the transforming power of downward mobility. Early Bird tickets available until January 31, 2020. Presented by Henri Nouwen Society & Tyndale Spiritual Formation Centre.
Front End Web Designer
Front End Web Designer
London, Ontario , N6E 4A3
Do you want to use your skills to change the world for the better? Are you seeking to be part of an innovative team as committed to living out their faith as you? Compassion Canada is looking for a Front End Web Designer to join us in our mission to release even more children from poverty in Jesus’ name. Working as a part of the Technology Department, you will lead our web design efforts and collaborate with our developers to create amazing digital products and deliver outstanding experiences to ignite a passion for justice in our sponsors and donors. Consider a career with Compassion. Become a world changer.
Position: Front End Web Designer
Experience: 3-5 years
Salary: TBD + Benefits
Location: London, Ontario
The successful candidate must have:
- Extensive experience with the latest HTML and CSS standards including HTML5 and CSS3, SASS or LESS development with well-organized code structuring, as well as knowledge of HTML email requirements
- Proficiency with current design tools such as Sketch or Figma
- Experience with prototyping tools such as InVision or XD
- A passion for solving core product problems by working closely with developers and peers throughout the product life cycle to ensure high-quality implementation and user experience
- Design various deliverables including site maps, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals to create elegant solutions to complex problems
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communication skills
- Team collaboration skills and a positive attitude
- A portfolio that demonstrates your visual design skills
The successful candidate should have:
- Extensive experience developing for mobile environments, responsive design, including full cross-browser and cross-platform testing practices
- Experience and familiarity with reporting on project status and working with a project manager
- Clear understanding of User Interface (UI) methodologies and user experience (UX) best practices, including an ability and desire to adapt designs based on User Experience research data and external stakeholder needs
- Previous UI/UX, PHP and WordPress experience with a background in agency, corporate or consulting work
Since Compassion Canada is a Christian organization whose role involves both ministry in and to the local church, both in Canada and abroad, and since it is expected of our donor base that we operate as a Christian ministry giving honour to Jesus Christ, each employee of Compassion Canada shall:
- Participate in regular chapel services and corporate prayer.
- Conduct themselves in a Christ-like manner at work and outside the workplace.
- Promote and defend the evangelical approach to ministry that Compassion Canada has adopted and put into practice.
- Be a member in good standing of a church that is in agreement with Statement of Faith of Compassion Canada.
Applicants should forward their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, please visit our website at https://www.compassion.ca/employment/front-end-web-designer/
We appreciate all applications for employment, however, we will only contact those applicants invited for an interview.
Please note, we will accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities in our hiring process. Should you require an accommodation during the hiring process or for this application, please contact Compassion Canada via email at email@example.com or call Human Resources at (519) 668-0224.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 7592 ]