Join us for a day with Shane Claiborne. Come be inspired, challenged and refreshed as Shane invites us to explore the transforming power of downward mobility. Early Bird tickets available until January 31, 2020. Presented by Henri Nouwen Society & Tyndale Spiritual Formation Centre.
Church Office Manager
Church Office Manager
Brampton, Ontario , L6X 4H9
The Office Manager will organize and coordinate office administration and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety. The Office Manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision, and task delegation.
Brampton Christian Family Church is looking for an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting an office with staff from diverse backgrounds and skillsets.
- Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands
- Organize office operations and procedures with the necessary documentation
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord including contract negotiations
- Coordinate staff schedules to ensure coverage throughout the week
- Responsible for providing orientation and general office training to new employees
- Responsible for ensuring office financial objectives are met by preparing and implementing an annual budget for the church office.
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of church events
- Pick up office and event supplies and transport staff and volunteers to and from suppliers, vendors, and ministry-related events.
- Establish and monitor procedures for record-keeping, ensuring security, integrity and confidentiality of data
- Function as the in-house expert of key software solutions including but not limited to Asana, Planning Centre, Google Suite, Mail chimp etc. and be able to train office staff and key leaders as and when needed
- Facilitate weekly and monthly planning of all aspects of the church and ministry during weekly staff meetings by gathering agenda items and ensuring task completion by all leaders and office staff.
- Draft & edit email correspondence on behalf of the Pastors
- Help develop policy manuals for all internal processes and systems of the church including ministry department protocols
- Planning and executing the Women of Worth Ministry events – coordinating teams, games and clean up.
- Assist Pastoral staff with the booking of flights, hotels and other travel-related bookings.
- Provide oversight to the Coordinator of facilities
- Bachelors degree required
- Prior experience working in a church/Christian ministry setting will be an asset
- Proven office coordination, administrative or executive assistant experience
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of clerical, human resources and business management practices and procedures
- Computer skills and knowledge of office software packages
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Must qualify for membership at Brampton Christian Family Church
- Must attend Sunday services at Brampton Christian Family Church
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 7596 ]