Join us for a day with Shane Claiborne. Come be inspired, challenged and refreshed as Shane invites us to explore the transforming power of downward mobility. Early Bird tickets available until January 31, 2020. Presented by Henri Nouwen Society & Tyndale Spiritual Formation Centre.
Director of Fund Development
Director of Fund Development
Newmarket, Ontario , L3Y2R2
BFM Foundation (Canada) (“The Foundation”) is a Christian organization that works with the 50+ Mission Thrift Stores across Canada. The net revenues generated by the Mission Thrift Stores is forwarded to our Joint Ministry partner Bible League Canada. Those funds are used to establish adult and children’s literacy programs, church planter training and supporting the persecuted church around the world. The Mission Thrift Stores are operated primarily by dedicated volunteers.
The Foundation is currently seeking a full-time Director of Fund Development who understands and supports the vision and purpose of BFM Foundation (Canada). The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of fund development with strong written and verbal skills, excellent presentation and organizational skills, and will possess analytical and problem-solving skills, appropriate decision-making and will be proficient in the MS Office Suite programs.
The Foundation is positioned for exponential growth. The successful candidate will be part of a vibrant team of dedicated staff and volunteers that will realize amazing results, now and for decades to come. We are serving to place the living word of God worldwide, in joint ministry with Bible League Canada. The successful candidate needs to understand and wholeheartedly support the global mandate that drives what we do.
- Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to the BFM Foundation’s Statement of Faith and Foundational Documents.
- In fulfilling your responsibilities, you will be required to pray with people who work for Mission Thrift Stores. This may include but is not limited to, prayer at Mission Thrift Store events or at the BFM Foundation (Canada) Annual Conference.
- A love for Bible-based ministry in Canada and around the world.
- Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Imperative that the candidate exemplifies integrity, trustworthiness and collaboration
- Minimum 10+ years of proven innovative leadership, recruitment, motivation, fundraising, donor and relationship management with a variety of corporate and private donors
- Experience with designing & leading capital campaigns, annual fund-raising campaigns and managing a pipeline of philanthropic opportunities
- Familiarity with the acquisition and management of Promissory Notes
- Exposure to/experience in under-resourced countries
- Ability to cultivate and obtain large gifts while successfully managing relationships
- Extensive knowledge of Canadian fundraising trends, methods and principles
- Demonstrated capacity to set strategy, oversee implementation and drive growth all along the donor giving continuum and across asset offerings
- Energy, enthusiasm and a demonstrated ability to work professionally and effectively under pressure
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including: coaching, encouraging, motivating, negotiating, managing change and conflict resolution
- Strong analytical, planning skills: budgeting, operating plan development, marketing & business case development
The Director of Fund Development will work at the Newmarket Ontario office 1-2 days each week. The successful candidate must travel within Canada occasionally for up-to 10 days at a time and may also have occasion to travel globally to supported areas throughout their tenure. The balance of time can be worked from home and the successful candidate must be able to establish and realize goals consistent with their role and the budgetary expectations consistent with this position.
Salary Expectations: Remuneration will be commensurate with experience. You may include your salary expectations. Only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
If you feel you have the passion and skill set that would help to advance the purpose of BFM Foundation (Canada), we look forward to hearing from you!
Please submit your resume to Melody Mooibroek by Friday, 14 February 2020, c/o: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Full Job Description available upon request
BFM Foundation Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 7600 ]