Join us for a day with Shane Claiborne. Come be inspired, challenged and refreshed as Shane invites us to explore the transforming power of downward mobility. Early Bird tickets available until January 31, 2020. Presented by Henri Nouwen Society & Tyndale Spiritual Formation Centre.
Burlington, Ontario , L7M0Z1
Temporary Contract (January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020)
Family Matters Centre Incorporated is looking for caring, professional couples’ counsellor
Family Matters Centre (FMC) is a privately funded counselling agency in Burlington, ON. We seek to support all members of the family so every family can thrive. Each person, regardless of age, has a valid story to share and deserves support and respect as s/he journeys towards desired change and wellness. This opportunity is for the right person, who shares our perspective, to work within a team setting providing counselling to our private clients seeking marital/couple support.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of two years of experience post master’s level degree, with an active registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario. You must have strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work independently.
Experience with marriage/couple counselling is required. You will start on a part-time contract basis. Some of the common concerns we address include infidelity, inability to resolve conflict, different approaches to parenting, in-law/cultural issues. You are expected to be able to work confidently with the couple, guiding and assisting them to reach their relationship goals.
Reporting to the FMC Director, you will provide counselling services to clients requesting support in their marital/couple relationship. While maintaining the therapeutic relationship and confidentiality, you will work with clients, and seek appropriate input from supervisor and/or colleagues.
- Provide appropriate counselling or psychotherapeutic intervention to client couples dealing with various personal issues;
- Evaluate client needs and work with them to set goals and develop a strategy to achieve them
- Manage the administrative requirements as required by FMC
- Maintain client records as specified by the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers/College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Master’s level degree
- Registration and good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) OR the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- Ability to use different evidence-based psychotherapeutic approaches
- Valid professional liability insurance coverage at a minimum of $2,000,000.00 during the whole term of awarded contract.
- Criminal reference check for working with vulnerable individuals
- Professional and personal references
- Availability of at least five hours a week, including a minimum of two evenings.
Hours of Work
Total hours of work are undetermined as hours will be based on client numbers and your availability.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $55.00 /hour
We do not accept resumes that are: mailed/faxed/dropped off/walked in or sent to any other email address. Only those being considered will be contacted.
Email resume to: Jobs@FamilyMattersCentre.ca
Posted Under: Counselling
Career ID: [ 7618 ]