Join us on April 28, 2020 for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by Tyndale Faculty Gary V. Nelson, Helen Noh, Narry Santos, Rebecca Idestrom, James T. Robertson, Marilyn Draper, and Daniel Wong. Tickets available online. Early bird deadline is March 23, 2020.
To apply for a Camp Counsellor position, fill out the application marked 'Counsellor' on Forest Brook's website and submit it with a cover letter and CV.
Due date: Before Thursday, March 12 2020 at 3:30pm.
A Day Camp Counselor will work on a team to ensure that all our campers have a quality day camp experience.
This would include:
- Group leadership: with the help of one or two LITs, helping a small group of children to feel safe and secure as well as encouraging their full enjoyment and involvement in the activities at camp. The role of counsellor as role model and disciple is significant in this position
- Program enhancement: completing tasks as is needed to ensure that the activities of camp are quality, fun and very thematic.
- Elective leadership and assistance: Lead an elective in either the Arts or Sports/Active games, and/or helping an elective leader to run their elective.
- Must be able to share things of the Christian Faith from the perspective of a Follower of Jesus Christ who is choosing to live a life submitted and committed to Him as they see it reflecting truths found in the Bible.
- Previous experience with children, preferably within a camp context as well
- Leadership experience
- Must be able to work the complete number of weeks of camp and attend the training days
- Full time: understanding that there will be shifts.
- Should be able to understand the team dynamic and work within the leadership structure put in place in such a way as to benefit everyone within the camp environment.
- Be fun, creative, enthusiastic and organized.
- Responsible and respectful
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrive and depart responsibly in enough time to check in with the Director and submit phone so that you are ready to engage with the children when camp begins.
- Wear your Day Camp shirt, bringing everything you need for the day
- Attend daily devotional when applicable to your shift
- To abiding strictly by the Policies and Procedures set out by Forest Brook Community Church
- Be a positive role model:
- To stay on task and engaged throughout the entire day
- To respectfully acknowledge the presence of other counselors and leaders but remain focused on the children and their needs.
- To behave in such a way as to reflect the behavior wanted from the campers; respectful, engaged, encouraging, loving, unifying, helpful, etc.
- To listen to and respond appropriately to those in leadership over you
- Return from breaks with promptness, showing punctuality
- Remaining in designated parts of the building only; those appropriate for counselors.
Please submit application to the Forest Brook Community Church office or to email@example.com
marked “Attention: Yvonne Ford Day Camp Counsellor Application”
DUE DATE: Thursday, March 12 2020 at 3:30pm
Applicants who are applying to be a paid member of our Day Camp Team will be informed as to our interest in an interview. It will be with the Children’s Pastor and interview team. These times will be scheduled during the month of March.
Training and weeks of hire: For all counsellors
Training will begin on Monday June 29. It will continue until Friday July 3 with a break for the July 1st civic holiday.
All successful candidates will work continuously, Monday to Friday, from June 29 to August 14; with the exception of civic and statutory holidays.
Each counsellor will work each of these shifts, twice, over the summer:
- Early: 7:30 – 4:00
- Mid: 8:30-4:30
- Late: 9:00- 5:30
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 7628 ]