Join us on April 28, 2020 for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by Tyndale Faculty Gary V. Nelson, Helen Noh, Narry Santos, Rebecca Idestrom, James T. Robertson, Marilyn Draper, and Daniel Wong. Tickets available online. Early bird deadline is March 23, 2020.
Worship & Communications Director
Worship & Communications Director
Sarnia, Ontario , N7T 6S8
New Horizons is seeking the right person for the role of Worship & Communications Director. This is not a job opportunity... it's a calling! If that's you...
You are the point person for worship experiences at New Horizons and responsible to organize, develop, and build a worship team of skilled musicians and tech people. You will also oversee our communications strategy for ministry growth through digital platforms.
God has equipped you with gifts, skills, and passion that motivates you to grow and always push your personal best, while inspiring others to do the same. This makes you a leader! You are looking for a place where you can use your gifts and passion at their fullest to serve and honour God, making Christ known to others.
You understand that Worship is not just a genre of music or a portion of a church service… it’s a way of life - an expression of a life devoted to God. You understand that Communications is not just a system or online presence… it’s a language and dialect of an ever-changing world.
New Horizons is committed to reaching people for Jesus, especially the next generation. We want to see true, life-changing transformation in the lives of our community people and beyond. We believe true growth in the Church will be measured by people coming to Christ, not transferring from one church to another. We believe that Worship & Communications plays an integral role to achieving our church mission and vision, which is:
Mission: Helping people discover new life in Christ.
Vision: Creating churches unchurched people love to attend.
- A sold out, hopelessly devoted, passionate follower of Jesus!
- An experienced, servant leader with a love for developing others into servant leaders.
- An organized, creative thinking, team-player, and motivated self-starter.
- A gifted musician and vocalist with an aptitude for music and tech production.
- Forever a student. You are always looking for ways to develop your gifts and stay up-to-date with an ever-changing culture.
- Well acquainted with the digital world and know how to establish meaningful connections online.
- An excellent communicator.
- Organize and oversee worship experiences at New Horizons.
- Work with the Lead Pastor to develop and execute a Communications strategy for ministry growth through digital platforms.
- Recruit, train, and build worship and tech teams.
- Oversee and find new ways to expand New Horizons’ ministry influence through online presence and livestreaming.
- Create and develop content for social media and online presence.
You’d be near perfect if:
- You have music, studio, and performance experience and training in and outside (especially outside!) of church environments.
- You are well acquainted with backing tracks, recording software (especially Ableton Live), sound and lighting systems.
- You have experience and training with video production and graphic design.
- You have experience in multisite church operations.
- You are proficient with church planning software (ProPresenter, Planning Center, etc…)
To be considered for this role, please submit a video of you singing and/or leading worship with your instrument.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 7629 ]