Join us on April 28, 2020 for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by Tyndale Faculty Gary V. Nelson, Helen Noh, Narry Santos, Rebecca Idestrom, James T. Robertson, Marilyn Draper, and Daniel Wong. Tickets available online. Early bird deadline is March 23, 2020.
Bloomfield, Ontario , K0K 1G0
Wesley Acres is a Christian Retreat Centre & Campground in association with the Free Methodist Church in Canada. Wesley Acres serves with excellence, the spiritual, educational, and recreational needs of all people equipping them for Christian service to their family, church, and community.
Located in the heart of Prince Edward County just outside of Bloomfield, ON, Wesley Acres sits
on the beautiful shores of West Lake overlooking the Sandbanks.
Serving children, youth, and adults of all ages, Wesley Acres ministers to people through a wide variety of programs that includes Harbor Ridge camps for kids and teens, camps for families of all ages, specialty camps and weekends, the trailer park (seasonal and year-round ); offering a place to get away for relaxation and recreation in a Christian environment.
Reporting to the Wesley Acres Board, the Executive Director is accountable to provide leadership to Wesley Acres Inc. (not for profit- Ministry) and Wesley Acres Trailer Park Inc. (for profit corporation owned by WAI) in alignment with the Wesley Acres’ Mission and Values.
As a visionary, the Executive Director will assist the Board in developing a strategic plan that fosters growth and success in fulfilling the mission of Wesley Acres. As a devoted disciple of Jesus Christ, the Executive Director will lead by example in living a life consistent with the Holy Scriptures and will uphold Christian principles consistent with those of the Free Methodist Church.
The following positions report to the Executive Director (ED):
- Managing Director: responsible for managing the day to day operations of W.A. trailer park, facilities, and assisting the ED in the overall operational management of WAI
- Administrative Services Manager: responsible for the financial records and reporting for WA
- Communication/Marketing Coordinator: responsible for timely communications to the WA community and for creating and disseminating WA information to the broader public community.
- Office & Housekeeping staff: responsible for guest services, bookings, and accommodation cleanliness
- Works with the Wesley Acres Board, committees and volunteers in the development and operation of Ministry plans and program initiatives ensuring that ministry remains current and relevant to the needs of every generation – for example: family and adult programs, children and youth programs, as well as special events.
- Advancement and Fundraising
- Oversees and leads all Wesley Acres fundraising activities; and is personally accountable for fund raising a significant portion of the annual fundraising goal.
- Initiates and engages in a variety of marketing, speaking, fundraising and networking activities to fund and maximize the use of WA facilities; proactively builds relationships with existing and new donors on an ongoing basis to achieve Annual Donations Budget
- Promotes Wesley Acres to its Members, local churches, businesses, schools and community organizations
- Develops and executes WA marketing programs to ensure full utilization of facilities and accommodations; manages the marketing and administration of user groups
- Prepares and executes Grant Applications to assist with fundraising
- Strategic planning and development
- Participates in the development of the Master Plan of the Wesley Acres Board in order to provide good stewardship and development of WA – including property and assets, in the near and long term.
- Financial administration
- Develops and administers the annual budget and capital budgets and ensures that programs and activities are delivered within established budgets
- Responsible for providing timely financial reporting: e.g. to the Board of Wesley Acres - for quarterly “actual to budget” and for special analysis as required; for required Government reporting such as CRA.
- Compliance of WAI and Oversight of WATPI (Wesley Acres Trailer Park Inc.):
- Working with the Managing Director gives oversight to WATPI, compliance of Wesley Acres policies, and by-laws including provincial and municipal/county regulations.
- Leadership & Staffing
- Recruits, hires, develops, inspires and motivates a high performing team with the needed skill sets to lead Wesley Acres in continued success;
- Responsible to manage and supervise the activities of the Managing Director, office, ministry and housekeeping staff, provides oversight to WA workforce and volunteers
- Effectively leads the operations of ministry, camping, recreation, and trailer park to be efficient, and progressive
- Participates in the “Camping Summit or like activities and visits and dialogues with other Christian camps and retreat centers – observes and implements “lessons learned” as needed; finds success in Christian retreat centers and brings it to Wesley Acres
- Mitigates operational risks through identification assessment and implementation of sound risk management practices
The ED is an ex officio member of all standing Committees, including but not limited to: Master Planning Committee (Ad-hoc), Advancement Committee, Harbor Ridge Committee, Ministry Programming Committee, Facilities Committee.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a desire to grow as a follower, and evidence of a growing relationship with God;
- Ability in and knowledge of marketing, promotion, fundraising, and programming;
- Experience in leading or serving in a thriving Christian camping environment preferred;
- Understanding of the dynamics of operations within a camping ministry setting that also legally functions as a charitable corporation in Ontario is an asset;
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing camp and staff environment, and the ability to work in collaboration with and under the direction of a Board of Directors;
- Proven ability to tactfully deal with differences of opinions and competing demands, experience with conflict resolution;
- Experience in managing or working with volunteers;
- Proven decisive leadership skills; strong oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and management skills; well-developed team builder, problem solver;
- Experience in the development and execution of strategic plans;
- Business acumen; particularly in the area of budget development, fiscal control and basic accounting;
- Working knowledge of property/facilities management, building construction, operations and building maintenance;
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office [Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook]; experience with an accounting software package would be an asset.
Leader Manager Competencies
- Communication / Impact and Influence
- Critical Thinking
- Organization and Planning
- Team Motivation
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
If you have the knowledge, skills, and abilities and this position excites you, please forward your cover letter and resume to Carol Babcock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Executive
Career ID: [ 7652 ]