Join us on April 28, 2020 for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by Tyndale Faculty Gary V. Nelson, Helen Noh, Narry Santos, Rebecca Idestrom, James T. Robertson, Marilyn Draper, and Daniel Wong. Tickets available online. Early bird deadline is March 23, 2020.
WayBase is a digital platform that offers the most extensive database and the most powerful search engine for the Christian sector in Canada.
The Data Analyst is responsible for supporting data collection and integrity, as well as the development of reporting and analytics for WayBase and its users.
The Data Analyst’s attention to detail will support WayBase in ensuring data quality by the use of queries to produce systematic methods to explore, monitor and update data, alongside manual edits. Their skill in communicating quantitative information to non-technical audiences via visualizations, infographics, and statistics will support WayBase’s mission of providing reporting tools to help the Christian sector to use data to work and collaborate more effectively.
The Data Analyst will work with the Data and Analytics Manager to brainstorm, and problem solve data and reporting issues and make plans for the future evolution of the platform. They will also work with the Development Team to implement planned controls, data structures, and processes.
About WayBase Inc.
WayBase is a Christian online platform that allows individuals and organizations to find each other, partner together, and show collective impact. People looking for community and meaningful ways to contribute can engage with churches and organizations. Organizations can gain visibility, grow their community, partner together on common goals, and show collective impact.
WayBase Inc. exists to create digital tools and curate data-informed insights that support individuals, Christian organizations, and local leadership networks to more effectively grow, partner together, and show collective impact in advancing Jesus’ message and mission and accomplishing good in their cities.
The goal of WayBase is to serve Christian charities with a low-cost model that is self-sustaining. All profits go towards expanding WayBase or to causes that advance Jesus’ message and mission.
Location: WayBase Offices: Nuvo Network 1295 N Service Rd, Burlington, ON L7R 4M2 - This role also has the flexibility to work from home 3+ days per week. We will consider out-of-town applicants within Canada.
- Work with management to identify ways to systematically improve data quality*
- Work with external data cleaning staff to improve data where systematic methods are not viable**
- Build ad-hoc queries to systematically update data based on business rules**
- Formulate techniques and processes to maintain data quality*
- Identify useful data sources and build data scraping tools and data ingestion scripts for open data sources
- Use available data to build interesting and useful reports that support different segments of the Christian sector
- Collaborate with the Data and Analytics Manager and the Development Team in optimizing the platform
- Provide data support to different WayBase functions such as sales and operations
- Ability to scope and estimate assigned tasks/projects
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills to effectively collaborate with a multifunctional team.
- Fully aligned with the values, mission, and strategy of WayBase Inc.
- Fundamental understanding of the various types of Christian organizations and a passion to serve*
- At least 3+ years experience in data analysis, query writing, reporting building*
- Undergraduate degree (quantitative fields preferred, or equivalent experience in a relevant field)
- Knowledge of languages for data querying, manipulation, and analysis (particularly SQL, Elasticsearch)
- Experience working with web data (e.g. REST API’s and data scraping)
- Knowledge of visualization techniques and software
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness
- Growth mindset, curiosity, start-up mentality
- Be a self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Understanding of document and graph databases
- Experience working with any of the following technologies/code an asset:
- Python (pandas, numpy, scikit-learn)
- A general understanding of web development concept (e.g., React)
- Ability to speak French is an asset
- Health benefits and matching RRSP packages for full-time employees
- Salary based on experience
- Paid time off
- Opportunity to research and train on emerging technologies
- Work from home opportunity where possible
Kevin Phang- Data and Analytics Manager
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
In your application, please indicate the following:
- How many years of Christian (faith or organizational) experience do you have?
- How many years of Data Analysis experience do you have?
- How many years of Data Visualization experience do you have?
- How many years of Elasticsearch experience do you have?
- How many years of SQL experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
Posted Under: Information Technology
Career ID: [ 7664 ]