Join us on April 28, 2020 for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by Tyndale Faculty Gary V. Nelson, Helen Noh, Narry Santos, Rebecca Idestrom, James T. Robertson, Marilyn Draper, and Daniel Wong. Tickets available online. Early bird deadline is March 23, 2020.
Full Time English Ministry Pastor
Full Time English Ministry Pastor
Mississauga, Ontario , L5B4L6
Westside Presbyterian Church (“WPC”) is seeking a pastor for Lighthouse Church (“Lighthouse”), its English speaking ministry. Lighthouse’s vision statement is “Love, Grow and Live to make disciples of Jesus Christ".
Lighthouse is a conservative church currently attended by its members and others from diverse backgrounds, socio-economic stages and from a range of life stages, including high school and university/college students, working professionals, and couples/families with children.
Lighthouse is located in Mississauga, Ontario which is the sixth largest municipality in Canada. This is a full‐time position which requires a focus on fostering spiritual growth that is in keeping with reformed theology, developing multi‐generational discipleship, caring for a community of all ages, a love for the Scriptures, and a passion for God. This pastor will teach the Bible with the goal of magnifying Christ as our Saviour, Healer, Sanctifier and Coming King. The pastor will be someone who lives out the biblical mandate for evangelism in his day‐to‐day life, modeling for the congregation the fruit of a Spirit-transformed life.
The pastor will work with the church elder board to develop a strategy to fulfill the church’s vision and mission and oversee Lighthouse’s operations, lead and direct staff and leadership teams to bring these to fruition. Ideal applicants are capable leaders, spiritually mature, caring, and organized.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Lead weekly worship services
- Prepare and preach weekly sermons
- Provide leadership in planning and executing education programs and training, such as Bible studies, membership classes, etc.
- Provide care and counseling to church members and assist them in situations of crisis
- Special services, such as confirmations, baptisms, weddings, and funerals
- Maintain efficient and effective lines of communication between the church leadership
- and elders
- Work with WPC’s board to develop a strategy to fulfill the church's mission and vision
- Work with Lighthouse’s leaders to develop annual church goals
- Represent Lighthouse community and outreach events
Desired Experiences and Required Qualifications
- Experience in building a church
- Experience in building and leading a family ministry
- Experience and proficiency in dispute resolution
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Bible or pastoral studies, theology, divinity, or ministry
- Licensure/Certification: Ordination
- 5+ years experience of leading an English-speaking ministry
- Experience in multicultural ministries
- Allowed to work in Canada
- Gentle spirit and patient demeanor
- Meek, not self-willed, not volatile, just and holy, restrained and controlled, and prayerful
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following information to email@example.com:
- Resume (English)
- Documents supporting theological education, ordination, and qualifications
- Past work including, but not limited to, written work, sermons in audio or video format etc.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 7674 ]