Join us on April 28, 2020 for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by Tyndale Faculty Gary V. Nelson, Helen Noh, Narry Santos, Rebecca Idestrom, James T. Robertson, Marilyn Draper, and Daniel Wong. Tickets available online. Early bird deadline is March 23, 2020.
Pastor of Young Adults
Pastor of Young Adults
Barrie, Ontario , L9J0C6
Take the lead in shepherding the next generation of church leaders!
Emmanuel is a vibrant multi-campus, multi-generational congregation that is approaching 95 years of ministry. We are a large regional church in the booming city of Barrie, one of Canada’s fastest growing municipalities. With the growing city comes the exciting opportunity through ministry and multi-site to impact more people with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
We are seeking a passionate, visionary leader to lead our vibrant Young Adults ministry (ages 18-30) as well as other shepherding opportunities in our church community. This person must demonstrate the ability to teach God’s Word, easily develop relationships with others, have a passion for evangelism, and work well as a member of a large pastoral team.
- Provide vision, leadership, oversight, teaching, participation and advancement of the Young Adults Ministry (Centred) at Emmanuel, creating a community in which people grow in love for God and their neighbour.
- Develop and lead weekly Young Adult Ministries, worship, teaching, and fellowship times (i.e. oversee the main teaching for Young Adults on Thursday evenings, weekends and other designated ministry times).
- Disciple and shepherd young adults, with a particular emphasis on the spiritual care of Emmanuel’s young adults who remain locally or are away attending college or university.
- Be flexible in their abilities to minister to the wider Emmanuel community through shepherding, outreach and spiritual care.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant ministry field preferred (Biblical Studies, Religious Education, Church Ministry, etc)
- A minimum of five years full-time ministry experience preferred
- A vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated in a love for the gospel and non-churched people
- Teachable, inspirational, and motivational
To summarize, we are looking for a dynamic leader with a passion for shepherding our Young Adults in the Word and inspiring them to share Jesus in their context. If you would like to make a difference in developing the church leaders of tomorrow, and if you live and breathe the Great Commission, this role may be for you!
A more detailed job description is available upon request. Please prayerfully consider whether you are the right man for this job. You can research our church and culture by visiting our website. If after you’ve done this you believe God leading you to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 7677 ]