Join us on April 28, 2020 for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by Tyndale Faculty Gary V. Nelson, Helen Noh, Narry Santos, Rebecca Idestrom, James T. Robertson, Marilyn Draper, and Daniel Wong. Tickets available online. Early bird deadline is March 23, 2020.
Donor Relations/Data Processor
Donor Relations/Data Processor
Scarborough, Ontario , M1W 2S5
SIM is a 125-year old catalyst for global missions that goes above in prayer and beyond in care to bring good news to hard places because there are people living and dying without the gospel. The vision of SIM is to see a witness to Christ’s love where He is least known, disciples of Jesus expressing God’s love in their communities, and Christ-centered churches among all peoples. SIM Canada is part of an international mission organization with more than 4,000 ministry workers, serving in more than 70 countries, from over 60 different diverse nationalities. We are both a sending and receiving agency, sending people from Canada, receiving people to Canada, and serving in Canada alongside the church. We are looking for people who love Jesus and who are willing to use their skills on one of our ministry teams here at home or worldwide.
SIM is seeking an individual to fulfill the role of Donor Relations/Data Processor. The primary purposes of this role are to process donations to SIM Canada and contribute to the functioning of the Finance Department. You will be responsible for answering questions from our supporters, processing incoming donations, generating charitable tax receipts and thank you letters.
This position reports directly to the CFO.
- Opening, sorting and processing daily mail
- Inputting daily donations (via phone, mail, website) into various software
- Cross checking various software & websites to ensure accuracy of information
- Producing deposit tickets, pre-authorized batches (e.g. EFT)
- Maintaining donor databases with new information, projects, appeals, etc.
- Preparing receipting and file documents, including sending replacement receipts
- Donors, missionaries and other finance personnel, staff member
- Generating reports of memorial gifts to donors
- Frequent communication via phone, email, & in person with donors, missionaries, staff, & other SIM offices
- Regularly praying for donors, staff, leadership team, volunteers, missionaries, and various ministries
- You will possess a good combination of relevant work experience and education
- Experience working in the finance department of a charitable/non-profit organization
- Demonstrated thoroughness, accuracy, and attention to detail along with commitment to follow-though and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential donor information
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and or familiarity with Canada Helps platform
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office software applications including Outlook, Word and Excel required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a customer service orientation
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Good time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and effectively in a busy team environment
- Willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities as appropriate
- Familiarity with and commitment to SIM’s vision, strategy and ministries
Work Location & Hours:
- SIM Canada National Office - 10 Huntingdale Blvd, Scarborough, ON M1W 2S5
- 3 days per week position (Mon-Wed)
All Members of the National Office are expected to be involved in the following:
- Attend Daily Prayer Chapels (8:30 AM – 9:00 AM)
- Attend Monthly Half Day of Prayer (every 2nd Wednesday of the month)
- Participate on staff Committees as needed or have interest
SIM Mission Statement:
Convinced that no one should live and die without hearing God's good news, we believe that He has called us to make disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ in communities where he is least known.
Therefore, compelled by God's great love and empowered by the Holy Spirit…
- We cross barriers to proclaim the crucified and risen Christ, expressing His love and compassion among those who live and die without Him,
- We make disciples who will trust and obey Jesus, and become part of Christ-centered churches,
- We work together with churches to fulfill God's mission across cultures locally and globally,
- We facilitate the participation in cross-cultural ministry of those whom God is calling.
SIM Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 7681 ]