Join us on April 28, 2020 for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by Tyndale Faculty Gary V. Nelson, Helen Noh, Narry Santos, Rebecca Idestrom, James T. Robertson, Marilyn Draper, and Daniel Wong. Tickets available online. Early bird deadline is March 23, 2020.
Director of Ministry
Director of Ministry
Bracebridge, Ontario , P1H 2J3
Mission, Vision & Model of Ministry
MBC and its affiliated entities is a kingdom enterprise that exists to exalt Jesus Christ by renewing, connecting and equipping families in the beauty of God’s creation. Our vision is to be a catalyst for growing resilient, biblically rooted families in Canada. We envision families that keep pressing hard into faith, life and family relationships regardless of their circumstances.
MBC accomplishes the mission and vision through the delivery of intentionally designed community experiences where families and individuals are:
- Renewed as they discover the compelling love and truth of God as revealed in Scripture.
- (Bible teaching is our core ministry tool),
- Connected meaningfully with one another and with other families in positive community experiences (camp, retreat and service experiences), and
- Equipped to understand and effectively grow through the various stages of family life (equipping seminars, workshops, experiential learning programs and ’serving together’ opportunities).
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Ministry oversees the administration and leadership of existing ministry programming taking place at Muskoka Bible Centre year round; and participating in the development of new ministry experiences in support of the vision of MBC. This includes various programmed retreats in the non-summer season and a full daily schedule of family conference ministry program in the summer. It also includes providing oversight to our youth discipleship program.
- A demonstrated passion for and effectiveness in administration of biblically rooted ministry experiences.
- A demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to expository Biblical teaching for transformational impact
- An understanding and support of orthodox theology in particular the statement of faith held by MBC.
- A vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and a discipline of personal spiritual growth.
- A demonstrated understanding of the culture and needs of the today’s society especially as it impacts families.
- Able to self-initiate programming ideas in pursuit of the mission and vision.
- Able to quickly establish rapport and influence with guests of all ages ranging from elderly to children.
- Able to build positive working relationships with MBC program guests including musicians, Bible teachers, program leadership, etc.
- Skilled at learning and sharing the mission and vision of MBC with potential guests, donors and other partners.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain partnerships with churches and other ministry organizations for mutual benefit in pursuit of the mission.
- Hospitable in nature, with an ‘easy to connect’ with style of leadership.
- Able to organize and maintain administrative systems such as budgets, meeting schedules, guest surveys and reporting, etc.
- Program Experiences
- Summer@MBC – this flagship of MBC’s ministry hosts some 9,000 guest visits annually for 9 weeks of each summer. These guests consist of accommodation, campground, cottage and local area day guests. Specific experiences each week include adult bible teaching sessions, worship experiences, kids and youth ministry, family recreation programming and other various planned programming in support of the mission and vision. The Director of Ministry provides oversight to the planning and delivery of all such family programming that takes place each week; working with various year round and seasonal leaders to accomplish the mission through this compelling experience.
- MBC Retreats – this involves the planning and delivery of guest retreat experiences in the non-summer season that are specifically designed to pursue our vision. They include retreats such as marriage, family, women, men, etc. Currently MBC hosts 9 such retreats annually but will be expanding this over the next several years.
- Stepping Stones Youth Discipleship – provide oversight to the Director of Youth Discipleship in the development and leadership of the youth experiences (8 month, 4 month and 2 months sessions).
- Guest Relationship & Ministry – to build relationships with program guests and encourage them in their faith and family life through various in-person and other opportunities (sharing of resources, etc).
- Program Leadership Relations – work with the CEO in developing the program leadership roster each year and take point on hosting and communicating with these leaders for effective ministry and positive relationships. (Bible teachers, musicians, etc.)
- Partnership Development – initiating and fostering positive relationships with potential ministry partnerships (churches, etc.) for mutual benefit. This may include partnering for content or for audience.
- Leadership Development – identifying and mentoring other leaders (staff and volunteers) to lead in various aspects of the ministry programming.
- Donor Development – to support the CEO in various donor development initiatives and assist in building positive relationships with key donors over time. Contribute with the CEO in ministering to donors as a focus of donor development (prayer, encouragement, coaching, etc.).
- Administration – leadership in the areas of scheduling, meetings, guest survey collection and reporting, outcomes measurement/reporting and budgeting. Also compliance with all regulations, policies and procedures (internal and external) to ensure the safety and well-being of all enrolled in program experiences.
Salary is competitive within the non-profit sector of our size and commensurate with experience and qualifications. A benefits package is included.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter, resume and references to John Friesen (CEO) at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 28, 2020.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 7696 ]